Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No Sound on few Channels

Tutor

No Sound on few Channels

I have installed the ATTTV Now app on 2 TVs via a Roku 3.  One TV is a Samsung, the other is an Insignia brand.  Sound plays on most channels but does not play on others.  I tried to switch sound to "stereo" but that was not a fix.  I tried to bring up ATTTV Now  on my laptop and have the same problem so I assume it is not the TVs.  I assume I have the most recent version of the app because I only downloaded it yesterday (Build 792 Version 3.0).  Is there a fix for this?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: No Sound on few Channels

The only sound issues that I am aware of is with the Samsung smart tv's and the Samsung AT&T TV app. Personally I have experienced no sound issues with Roku's (3 or 4 or sticks) oe Fire sticks. Have you tried to reinstall the app? Also make sure Dolby is disabled.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Thanks for your reply.  So now it is just ABC.  Any issues with ABC not having sound on this app?

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Not with me. Your ABC is not my ABC and your feed is not my feed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Tutor

I guess that is likely what it is...the feed.  I have TVs from two different manufacturers (Samsung and Insignia) and both have the same issue.  All channels have sound except for ABC.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the app as well as turning off any Dolby settings.  I only got the app to watch football and there are no NFL games on ABC so it won't be a big issue but they do have a lot of good college games so that will be annoying.  Hopefully a solution will appear some day.

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Load the ABC app and see if you have sound. That leaves the AT&T TV Now app out of the picture.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

Ahh, that is a great work around.  Had not thought of that option. I downloaded the ABC app and the sound works fine.  The sound still does not work on the AT&TTV Now app which is annoying but now that I know I can go directly to the ABC app, I can live with it.  Thanks for the idea!

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

We all are looking for alternatives when issues arise.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support