Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No ABC, CBS, or NBC

Contributor

No ABC, CBS, or NBC

Seriously, no ABC, CBS, or NBC?  WNEP shouldn't be hard to stream considering its available if I have your dish.  Better yet why not show the station when their news and regular programming is on such as GMA, Ellen, etc. as that is the same for everyone.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 21
Contributor

Re: Why can I no longer watch local channels like ABC and NBC live?

@rkrichter  You had me laughing.  I relate to your frustration.  I actually work in IT.  And, thanks for being such a nice guy!

1.  I did do a search.  I did it from my phone, at a red light.  I guess I used the wrong search terms and/or went down the wrong threads.

2.  I've called Direct TV and AT&T who told me I need the only way I can get help is thru the Directv web site.

3.  I've tried the "live chat"; ie FAQs.

4.  I've looked at the settings on TV and on my mobile device..

5..  I have 4 kids, work full time, and am a single Mom.

6.  When I posted, I had had enough: 

All I want to do is turn on my TV when I get up in the morning and listen to the local news as I'm getting ready for work, and it not cost me a zillion $ in time and $..  Is that a hard ask?  I don't want to spend any more time trying to figure out why it's not working.  I just want ABC to stream live on my TV, and I don't want to research any more.as to why it is not.

Rather than me getting blamed for repeating a question in a forum, why doesn't Directv put an ALERT on their page saying "we are experiencing blah, blah, blah."  If it's a known issue, why doesn't Directv have the question and answer in the FAQs?  If it is a known issue, what is the known fix?  If it's a Common issue, why doesn't Directv make it easy to find a solution or fix the problem?

Ok, I feel better now, and thanks for a least giving me a light at the end of the tunnel...although it might be a train.

Now, my Golden Retriever is FED UP with me being on the computer "searching for a solution"....he really wants me to sit down in front of my TV and throw the ball!

26993807_10213558768597171_7964511201499998549_n.jpg

Message 16 of 21
Contributor

I can watch my local channels on directv now, but CBS won't show up on my iPad, only for live news.  My Apple TV, iPhone, web works fine CBS.

No idea what to do to watch CBS on my iPad.  All devices running on the same place (IP, home)

Message 17 of 21
Contributor

I would like to have Live tv network stations. I don't care about local channels . When I read the add for Directtv it said live abc,nbc,and cbs. If I can't get them then this is useless and I'll be canceling after my month is up.

Message 18 of 21
ACE - Expert

The local channels that people are talking about are for the broadcast networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.).  There is no way to get those networks live except through their local affiliate stations, and far from all local affiliates are currently available through DTVN.  (You can get on-demand for those networks regardless of whether you get the live streams or not.)  The ads do not say you get those networks live, they say you might.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 21
Contributor

But if the local channels are not available yet, why not stream the main channel? what is not fair is paying the same value of somebody who has all channels that were promised and I don't.

Message 20 of 21
Contributor

But, if there's no agreement for some zip codes yet, why not stream the main channel for those users, or the capital of the state where the users live?

What is not fair is I have to pay the same value of somebody who has lucky to have his local channels available and I'm not.

Message 21 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support