Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: NOW DVR Cancel series recording

NOW DVR Cancel series recording

I see no way to cancel the scheduled recording of a series. You can cancel individual upcoming episodes but not the whole series. I've tried with Roku, Android and Windows 10

Message 1 of 25
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by bruce.kirkland9
‎08-11-2018 11:15 PM

go to My Library and select View All and then Upcoming Recordings. Select a future episode of the program you want to cancel and then go to View All Episodes.

Option to Cancel Series Recording is on the screen.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 25

Wow! Thanks, never would have found that.
Message 3 of 25
Mentor

They couldn't have hidden it any better, huh?

Message 4 of 25

Lol. Well they did try to hide it. Not a very intuitive interface.
Message 5 of 25
Mentor

Thank you very much, I'd have never found that without this thread!

Message 6 of 25
Highlighted
Tutor

That's a perfect example of how poorly designed the DTVN interface is. It's like AT&T wrote this software on their own using developers and product managers who've never used other products like Netflix, Hulu or pretty much every other good streaming product that exists.

Message 7 of 25
Tutor

Doesn’t work. Nothing on screen to delete series!

Message 8 of 25
Tutor

Just tried to cancel series. Found future recording, clicked on. Only thing that came up was cancel episode. Nothing about. canceling series.

Message 9 of 25
Tutor

There’s no “View All Episodes” and no cancel series option. My DVR is now worthless because it’s filling with things I didn’t mean to subscribe to and can’t cancel.

Message 10 of 25
Contributor

If you follow the instructions once you select "view all episodes", the "cancel recording" shown on the next screen cancels the series recording.

Misleading in title, but it worked for me.

Message 11 of 25
Teacher

The solutions above do not apply any longer.  There is no option to cancel the record of the series.  You are forced to delete upcoming episodes one at a time.

Message 12 of 25
Tutor

Just tried again. It does work. Go to future recording, then press all episodes. Hit cancel recording and it shows that the series is cancelled.
Message 13 of 25
Teacher

Yes it’s definitely misleading. I was getting frustrated too because there was no such delete series. I finally found it. Click on upcoming shows, then click on one of the episodes it’s going to record. On this screen you see cancel this episode and like bookmark. Obviously canceling the episode won’t fix our problem. Above that you’ll see the name of the show. Click the name of the show. Now you should see Cancel Series. Hope this helped someone. I know it was frustrating because I’ve spent multiple days trying to get them stopped. Goodbye Spongebob! Lol

Message 14 of 25
Tutor

I fixed the problem! I dropped Directtvnow and got Hulu. Hulu has 50 hours for DVR and works flawlessly!!?
Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support