Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NFL Sunday Ticket AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW

NFL Sunday Ticket AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW

Will NFL Sunday Ticket be offered to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Subscribers?

Message 5 of 92
Contributor

NFL Sunday Ticket

What's the deal? I subscribe to Direct TV Now and to get NFL Sunday Ticket' I have to sign up for Direct TV? Seems a little silly. I checked and my address comes back not available, but the house across the street is eligible for stand alone. 

Message 31 of 92
ACE - Master

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

DirecTV and DirecTV Now are completely separate services - connected only because both are owned by ATT and ATT (foolishly, I think) branded their streaming service with the same name.

Sunday Ticket is an exclusive to DirecTV - has been since before ATT bought them - and apparently the license from the NFL doesn't cover other ATT video services (you can't get Sunday Ticket with U-Verse either).  It only allows non-DTV subscriptions to people who can't get DTV for one of a variety of reasons - that's just the way it is.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 92
Tutor

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket DIRECTV NOW

How do you find a "VPN to Europe" and how do you sign up for NFL game pass? How much does such a VPN cost? Thanks.
Message 33 of 92
Scholar

There are many VPN providers that have servers in Europe and other countries.  I use IPVanish because they support the Firestick.  It costs about $50 a year for the VPN.  The NFL Gamepass is €179 for the entire year with everything - no blackouts or anything.  only if you give a UK address are some games blacked out (presumably the ones played there).  You can go to nflgamepass.com to see the details - but only after using a VPN to get a European IP. 

They support the IOS apps, Android incl Chromecast, Apple TV, Firestick, Xbox one and PS4

Message 34 of 92
Tutor

Thanks! One last question. Does the game pass over VPN have the games live?
I see that in the US they only offer a replay the day after the game.
Message 35 of 92
Scholar

Yes, every game live.  Now that I looked again, it seems that some games might be blacked out with a UK/Ireland IP because I suppose BBC and SkySports are showing some games.  

Message 36 of 92
Teacher

The NFL's delivery of content is so outdated it's laughable! But that's what happens when you have owners that are older than dirt and love the current gravy train.
Message 37 of 92

Re: NFL Sunday ticket

Chat told me a few weeks ago that DTN was going to offer NFL Network and Redzone as a separate charge sometime in early August but could not give me the pricing. We shall see. I have two kids in college and can get Sunday ticket through the app for 99 dollars but the bitrates are much lower then DTN.  We shall see if I was given bogus information.

Message 38 of 92
Teacher

I hope so....  that would be good.  

Message 39 of 92
Tutor

Chat told me they were going to add sunday ticket before the season started. It's in the works. Said they will be sending emails out shortly!

Message 40 of 92
Teacher

That would be great!
Message 41 of 92
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTTVNOWHelp
‎08-17-2017 10:06 AM

NFL SUNDAY TICKET will not be available on AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW as an add-on for the 2019 NFL Season. However, if you would like access to NFL SUNDAY TICKET, you can get the "streaming-only" version which allows you to view games on various supported devices, if eligible.

Check out our post for details on the streaming version: Streaming NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV (2018): Eligibility, Pricing, and more.

Hope this helps!

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 42 of 92
ACE - Master

To be precise - you may not have to get DTV, you might be able to get the "streaming-only" version.  (But if you can get DTV, that's the only way to get Sunday ticket, unless you are a student.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 43 of 92
Tutor

In other words, like I said in my original post, people who have DirecTV Now, who technically COULD have DirecTV using a satellite, can NOT get NFL Sunday Ticket no matter what they do. Thanks DIRECTV for screwing customers like me (who had DTV for 14 Years) out of watching NFL games this season. You should have told us outright when we signed up for DTVN that you were going to screw us this way.
Message 44 of 92
ACE - Master

To be fair, they never said that you could get Sunday Ticket through DTVN, or did more than imply that it was something they were looking into.  I'm going to guess that their (DTV's) license from the NFL isn't transferable to other ATT operating units - U-Verse doesn't have it either.  So it isn't a "screwing" - you hoped that you'd be able to get a feature with the cheaper service, and earlier they said "not now" but didn't say "will never happen", so you assumed it would happen.  "Never" still isn't necessarily true - never is a long time, and the statement above says "not for the 2017 season", leaving it a possibility that it could happen someday.

Message 45 of 92
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support