Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NBC Sports App not working with DirectvNOW login - says "content not available from your Provider"

Contributor

NBC Sports App not working with DirectvNOW login - says "content not available from your Provider"

Tried to watch the US Figure Skating championships tonight on Roku using the NBC Sports app. I am logged into DirectvNOW and the logo appears in the upper right hand corner. But all live broadcasts are not being allowed with my DirectvNOW subscription. The website clearly says NBC Sports is accessible ... NOT TRUE. May try HULU NOW ...

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTLiz
‎06-14-2018 12:21 PM

Re: NBC Sports App not working with DirectvNOW login - says "content not available from your Pr

NBC Sports has played some games with their content via the app.  Some of the content requires that you be subscribed to certain specific NBC channels to get that specific content (for example, the Olympic channel to get some Olympic content in the app).  Their "premier" content (NFL, some Olympics, etc.) seems to require that you have your local NBC affiliate.  (I assume this is something that the affiliates demanded.)  So, if you don't get your local NBC live stream, the app cuts you off from some content.  This is not a DirecTV Now issue, but an NBC issue - I've seen complaints from people using other streaming services who encountered the same problem.  The directory of the content has a logo (on the far right in the apps I've checked) showing what you need to have to see the content - the NBCSports logo means just being able to log into the app, NBC or your local affiliate's logo means you need the affiliate, etc.  All this is even before you get to the NBC Sports "golden" content (like Premier League soccer) which requires a separate subscription directly from NBC.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: NBC Sports App not working with DirectvNOW login - says "content not available from your Pr

I have NBC affiliate in Los Angeles on my DirectvNOW account and on my channel listings … I believe there is more to the issue and AT&T needs to raise the issue with NBC Sports before too many people
Cancel their subscriptions. The Olympics will make this a VERY sore spot for DirectvNOW
Message 3 of 4

I suscribe to NBC Sports California in the GO BIG package. I can view the Oakland A's games on NBC Sports California vis the DTVN platform. But when I try to view an A's game via the NBC Sports app- it says "the content is not available from your provider." Funny, but I was able to watch these games on the NBC Sports app all last year. What changed?

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support