Helpful Links

Loss of local channels

Tutor

Loss of local channels

I do not have access to local channels.

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Loss of local channels

Are you suppose to? Have you verified what local you may be able to receive using the tool located here

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Tutor

I do not have ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox as of today. What happened?

Message 3 of 13
ACE - Expert

So you had them and now they are gone correct? What device are you using? Do you receive the locals on your cell phone?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13
Tutor

I am streaming through Direct TV devices not a cell phone.
Message 5 of 13
ACE - Expert

What device? Testing with your mobile device would allow us to troubleshoot your issue. Your cell phone uses GPS in determining your device location. GPS knows exactly where you are located. Whereas streaming devices and computers use your ISP's IP address for device location. It may be that your IP address is no longer in the local location based on your billing zip code to receive the local or the geolocation services used by DTVN (as do the other streaming services) has miss-identified you as not being in the local area.

Message 6 of 13
Tutor

I have never tried to watch Direct TV on my cell phone. Can I use my ipad?

Message 7 of 13
ACE - Expert

That should also work for testing. Apple devices keep up with cell towers and WifI locations used and store into a database. When you use the device it checks the database for location. They do mot use IP location for determination. It would also help if you would disclose what streaming device you are using with the service.

Message 8 of 13
Tutor

When I try to watch live on my ipad it only lets me start at channel 202. The local channels are lower than that.
Message 9 of 13
ACE - Expert

Sounds like you have DirecTV app not DirecTV Now. DirecTV Now has no channel numbers. DirecTV Now is the internet streaming service. Once again what is your streaming device - Roku, Fire stick, Apple TV?

Message 10 of 13
Tutor

It is direct tv app. I am not sure what direct tv now is.

Again it is not any of those streaming devices not Roku, Fire, or Apple TV. My streaming device is a box from Direct TV. I dont even have a smart TV.
Message 11 of 13
ACE - Expert

DirecTV Now is a streaming service similar to Netflix or Hulu, etc. You have posted in the wrong forum. You need the satellite tv forum. Just a reminder, these are only customer based forums not support forums. You would be better off contact DirecTV directly. DirecTV (satellite) does have a customer service phone: (800) 531-5000

Message 12 of 13
Tutor

Ok. Thanks!
Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support