Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Loss of local channels

Mentor

Loss of local channels

I talked to a supervisor who said he was going to escalate my inquiry to see why i lost my local channels, but shortly after he said that, the line was disconnected. As part of the new update to AT&T TV NOW I have lost the ability to watch my local channels on my work computer. My work computer is located in a 48197 zip code and tied to a work ethernet connection. My home location is a 48186 zip code, which is 30 minutes down the road. Before this major AT&T TV NOW update, I was able to watch my local channels from my work computer. Effective today, with this update, FOX and CBS are not even listed on the channel guide, and ABC and NBC say the following when I click on " Program Not Available on this channel in your current location." So, initially AT&T staff was trying to tell me the zip code of my IP address didn't match where I currently was, and that is why. However that is crap because EVERY DAY for the 2 months I have been  subscriber, I have  been able to access my local channels on this same exact work computer. I have also been able to access from other independent locations, such as the gym. Now, magically today, in correlation with this update I can not. Further proof the theory they are giving me is garbage: I HAVE NOT yet updated the AT&T TV NOW IPHONE app in dear of losing my local channels. So, i open the OLD app on my iPhone, which is on the SAME INTERNET CONNECTION as my work computer, and I CANNNNN watch all my local channels. Oh, need more proof this is a glitch as part of their new service? If I go to the OLD AT&T TV NOW website, which has the OLD GUIDE and OLD SERVICE, I can watch my local channels from my work computer. So basically, I just want someone from ATT to actually acknowledge this is a screw up and fix this immediately. Unfortunately, it just seems they are in their own world of crappy service right now and have no desire to help. 

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 303
Contributor

Re: Loss of local channels

Here it is April 2019 and I am having the same problems that people were complaining about last year. Tryed to get support through the chat option and was kept on the phone for an hour and they made things worse before I was abandoned on the chat line. My problem was that I had the wrong local channels but the chat people reset something and now I have NO local channels. At least I could watch the national news on the wrong local channel … now I can't watch any news. ATT is stealing my money by not providing what they are charging me for. Their customer service is HORRIBLE. They should be ashamed to take people's money. I wish I knew who to complain to at the FCC.

Message 286 of 303
Teacher

Re: Lost my locals with “New TV Experience” app update

July 4, 2019  Turned on DirecTV Now.  Lost CBS channel WHY!  B. Griffin  ZIP CODE14051

Message 287 of 303
Guru

Contract squabbles with Nexstar are the cause for locals going bye-bye for now. Today we celebrate Independence Day by cutting our dependence with many Nexstar stations. As their ratings and advertising dollars fall, we wait patiently for them to come to their senses and accept the rate increase offered by AT&T. 

Another price increase to our monthly bills just to keep the local affiliates wouldn't be worth it for most online users. There are so many other sources for the content, including the channels' own websites for its local news broadcasts.

https://tvpromise.att.com/

Results for DIRECTV NOW in ZIP code 14051:

We had hoped to prevent Nexstar from pulling WIVB-CBS and WNLO-CW from our Buffalo customers’ lineups and we offered Nexstar more money to keep them available. Nexstar simply said no and elected to remove them instead. Nexstar has chosen to hold our customers in Buffalo hostage and put them into the center of its negotiations. This is the same old Nexstar playbook. They pull or threaten to pull their signals from customers of many distributors to increase fees for “free TV” stations that far exceed their value. They’ve done it to Cox Cable, DISH and Charter Spectrum and now to us.

Message 288 of 303
Teacher

My Just Right Package went from $55.00/ mo. to $65.00 back in June,2019. An 18% increase in
my monthly bill/mo. I was only with DIRECTVNOW for under 6 months! Local channels were
supposed to be available to all in this area FREE of Charge! What changed
I left Spectrum Cable due to these practices. Increased cost and fees etc. " Lets try to be fair?
The public will not stand for this and you will loose many customers like Spectrum did.
Try and put yourself in the customers shows and stop the greed and extorsion tactics.🤯🤔🤯
Message 289 of 303
Teacher

Be aware that, oddly enough, this site is for sharing fixes and making others aware of general outages. AT&T/DirectTV Now personnel do not seem to monitor it at all. If anyone is aware of a way to take these complaints to someone who can help other than online chat, please share!
Message 290 of 303
Tutor

My local channels came back a week or two ago.  I don't know what happened, but I'm not going to complain.  I also still have all of the original channels that we signed up for over a year ago even though they don't offer them to new subscribers anymore.  I'm still in.

Message 291 of 303
Teacher

Have tried many times to get to them... No Luck/ Lousy service from them.
You might try DIRCT TV itself and insist on getting service... Good luck or we
both my be looking for another cable service. Ben
Message 292 of 303
Contributor

Ok 90% of the shows I watch are on CBS. So, AT&T and Directtv really care about us, their loyal customers ..they would get our local broadcasting stations back.

We can't even get local weather and news.

Get CBS back or I'm out. Why should I pay for something I can't use

Message 293 of 303
ACE - Expert

If you are talking about DirecTV then you have posted in the incorrect forum. You need the satellite tv forum located here.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 294 of 303
Tutor

I am so tired of dealing with DTV/AT&T! Now I've been without my local NBC network channel since July 4th, because of a contract dispute between DTV and the station's owner, Nexstar. (I live in the Little Rock, AR market area.)

When I called and complained, after maneuvering through their through their very difficult, automated service, DTV sent me an over-the-air antenna to get the station. It has a range of 50 miles, under perfect line-of-site conditions. I live 60 miles from the station, with trees and hills between....far from perfect! Needless to say, I can't get the signal!

I called DTV back to tell them and ask for some type of credit to my account for the lose of the station and the aggravation I'm going through. They say that since I'm not really paying for the local channels as part of my bill, they won't give credits! Bogus!!

I told them that if they can't provide the channel, I will be forced to switch to cable or Dish TV, after being a loyal customer for a total of 10 years. Their attitude about that was totally apathetic!  I felt they were saying, "good riddance!"  DTV can't afford to lose any more customers! I would imagine many others in this market area will be dumping DTV, if we don't get NBC back.

How much longer will DTV/AT&T treat their customers this way? I'm sick and tired of this huge company's attitude. They are too big and don't care about its' customers! They're putting themselves out of business!!

If that happens, I will be saying, "Good riddance!"

Message 295 of 303
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Sorry for your issues but no one here can help you. This is only a community based forum of users only. This is not support. Besides this particular forum is only for the internet streaming service DirecTV Now not the satellite tv service DirecTV. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 296 of 303
Teacher

You have a week to get the problem solved , then I will be changing over to the DISH Network,
or some other provider. Disgusting way to run a Business and your service is horrible. Fix it before
you loose your customer base you advertised so hard for over the past year. Or possible AT&T doesn't
care for their customer base?
Message 297 of 303
ACE - Expert

Who do you think you are communicating to? There is no one here but other subscribers like yourself. As been stated this is only a open community forum. Got a issue? Try support using the chat! No one here can fix your problem.

Message 298 of 303
Contributor

I live in the Bristol Virginia/Tennessee region and we get most of the locals with the exception of-course to do anything tied to ABC Network.. If you call you cannot get a straight answer other than thank you for your concern we share that and I am sure it will be worked out very soon.

Give us a break!

Message 299 of 303
Contributor

Re: Loss of local channels

This “solved” reply doesn’t solve the problem for Apple TV users. The latest DirecTV Now app for Apple TV has stopped using the location services location on Apple TV and is apparently using the original address used when first signing up for DirecTV Now. In my case I have moved to a different state and although I updated my address with my credit card company months ago, direcTV Now has not refreshed any information from that company so I am viewing stations from another state a thousand miles away (ie watching NYC stations in Miami Florida.) This is a newly introduced bug in the Apple TV app and it has to be fixed. My Apple TV knows the correct location it is in but the DirecTV Now app isn’t using that location.

Message 300 of 303
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support