Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Locked out after upgrade

Tutor

Locked out after upgrade

After updating app on Apple TV I can’t access account.  

Error code205.16

Message 4 of 150
Mentor

Directvnow Login Problems

My DirecTV now login / password only work on my fire stick - no where else.  Says invalid ID on the app and web browser.  When I use my AT&T common login on the app I get (Please subscribe to DTV NOW) and on the web I just get to a landing page with my profile (no option to stream)  

Message 91 of 150
Professor

Re: Directvnow Login Problems

Theres a good chance you are using the dtn password before you created your access id password, especially if the password is already enteeed for you when you go to sign in. See if you have a new password for access id.

Also wouldn't hurt to open up the browser and delete the cache/history/cookies/all.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Message 92 of 150
Mentor

I already had multiple access ID logins. Do I need to create yet another one for direct tv now? I already cleared browser cashe 
Message 93 of 150
Professor

If you are getting to a page with your profile there should be a Menu at the top that allows you to Watch.

https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/sign-in

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Message 94 of 150
Mentor

There should be but there is not.

Message 95 of 150
Teacher

Same as you ACDC3246, what a crock,we need a new update to fix this nonsense.NOW!

Message 96 of 150
Professor

If you are using a browser from a computer, tablet or phone there will be a menu at the top right from which you can click Watch.

If you are on a browser inside an app or a smart tv you may not see it.

•••End ▪ Post•••

Message 97 of 150
Mentor

That is not the case.

Message 98 of 150
Mentor

So frustrating. I keep getting told to change my PW. NOT THE ISSUE
Message 99 of 150
Contributor

Problems after May 15th update

After May 15th update I am totally locked out of service. Started with Directv Now at its inception, bought the Apple TV box and never needed a user id. Now can’t even get in to account. Told 4 X this week they would get back to me. Anyone else having same issue? I think they even turned chat option off

Message 100 of 150
Contributor

Re: How can I log into the chat when I cannot even log into the account? "ID not authorized&quo

Cannot get a user id because I am not an AT&T customer. Didn’t need to be at inception. How do I get one then? 

Message 101 of 150
Contributor

Having Trouble with your DIRECTV NOW

I cannot connect my tv via my IPhone. I always could up until I updated the app. 

Message 102 of 150
ACE - Expert

Re: Having Trouble with your DIRECTV NOW

I think you have identified the problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 103 of 150
Contributor

I started having the same problem on May 18th. Not sure if my problem was associated with a recent app update. I’ve contacted Directv Now, waiting for a resolution. I’ll let you know if/when they figure it out.

Message 104 of 150
ACE - Expert

Probably is if you have a Apple device. They have experienced all kinds of issues with the app update and Apples devices. Not providing much communication on reasons and solutions.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 105 of 150
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support