Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Local channels gone

Tutor

Local channels gone

Why are ABC, CBS, and NBC gone from my package. I’m paying for them, I should be able to see them. 

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert

Re: Local channels gone

What device are you using? do you see your local on your mobile device?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11
Tutor

I have a Firestick, after logging out and then logging in I have ABC, CBS, NBC back but now FOX is gone. 

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Good. Are you suppose to be receiving all? You verified what local you should be receiving using the tool here

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Tutor

The channel finder is not responding

Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

Must be having technical issues. So have you had FOX before?.

Message 6 of 11
Tutor

No, but it showed up for a few days after the others disappeared. Now that they’re back, it’s gone. Also, checking the package list, it says I should get it now. 

Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SimonD
‎12-05-2018 9:42 AM

The package list only indicates OnDemand for the major networks. As for live locals, not everyone receives them. DirecTV Now offers local channels within specified market areas. Your eligibility is dependent on your billing zip code, and your access depends on the physical location of the device. Access to local channels depends upon the licensing agreements that DirecTV Now has with local affiliates at your current location. Local, regional, and national providers hold the streaming and broadcast rights to these channels in local markets. AT&T, with DirecTV Now, continues to work with providers to add local streaming options. If streaming from a mobile device, local channel availability is dependent upon your billing zip code and the current physical location of the device.

The only way to be sure is to use the tool to determine if you are to receive any local broadcasts. You could or could not be receiving them in error.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 11
Tutor

I have the same problem. Have had them since I started Directv now and last night all my network icons disappeared after I got a message on the screen that the license did not allow me to watch! I have Roku tvs and according to the list I should be receiving locals in my zip code! I can still watch them on my phone and computer which makes no sense to me. Not happy!

Message 9 of 11
ACE - Expert

Same as others before you. Have you verified your IP location by going here

Message 10 of 11

This is really frustrating. I have been a customer since Dec 2016 and only one local channel (FOX) is available for streaming for me. Your competitors have all 4 channels available. May be this is time for me to switch my loyalties.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support