Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Local channels do not appear in the Guide when using the web app in Chrome, though I can watch them

Highlighted
Contributor

Local channels do not appear in the Guide when using the web app in Chrome, though I can watch them

Everything works fine in the Roku app, but on the same wireless network when I try to use the web app in a browser (Chrome 69.0.3497.100) the local channels do not appear in the Guide.

The weird thing is I am able to watch all the local channels by choosing an adjacent channel, then clicking the right or left arrow to move to the next channel. For example, I can go to NBCSN in the Guide, watch it, then click the arrow to move to the NBC affiliate. Same thing with CBS, ABC, and Fox. But those channels do not appear in the Guide. Again, they do appear in the Guide normally using Roku on the same network. So it does not appear to be an IP problem (both Roku and Chrome are using the same IP).

Looking at solutions proposed for others on this site I have also: 1) made sure my system clock is set to the second with NIST, 2) set Location to 'Allow' in the Chrome Site Settings for the DirectV Now URL. 3) made sure my billing address matches my location.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by adj7388
‎10-12-2018 8:50 PM

Re: Local channels do not appear in the Guide when using the web app in Chrome, though I can watch t

What has "solved" this specific problem for a number of people (including me!) is to disable IPv6 support on your network adapter.  It isn't clear why this matters (even if the geolocation on your IPv6 address is wrong) but it seems to, and (for me at least, and right now) there doesn't appear to be any problems caused by doing this.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Re: Local channels do not appear in the Guide when using the web app in Chrome, though I can watch t

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

which adapter

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

How do you watch them if they don't appear? Tks

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

Do you know what locals you should be receiving? Have yo used the look-up toll to see what you may get located here

What device are you using?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support