Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Keyboard not displaying on TV screen to login - using Roku Premiere

Contributor

Keyboard not displaying on TV screen to login - using Roku Premiere

Have a Samsung 4K LED TV with a Roku Premiere installed.  Most channels on Roku display great.  However, when attempting to login to Directv Now a keyboard does not display to allow entering of ID and Password.  Would greatly appreciate addition insight into resolution of the problem.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 7

Re: Keyboard not displaying on TV screen to login - using Roku Premiere

Just asking...Have you tried to  restart your Roku or check for DTVN app updates in settings?

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Yes... The Roku Premiere was updated to the latest software level and restarted.  As for DTVN updates, I would hope the app Directv Now supplies on the Internet to Roku is their latest level.  Since I'm trying to initiate the Directv via Roku on a one year old Samsung LED 4K TV... I would expect it to all work together.  Though as it appears something is not displaying a keyboard on the TV screen that would allow me to sign in to the DTVN.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTLiz
‎06-26-2018 5:58 AM

So if you put the cursor on "Email" on the login screen and hit "OK", it doesn't bring up a keyboard?  Does it do anything, or does it just appear to ignore the button press?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Thank YOU Very Much!!  That resolved the issues.  On other Roku channels if I need to enter an ID / Pswd a small box normally comes up and when I move the cursor to the box the keyboard appears.  With the DirectvNow channel the display showed Email and Password but no box or keyboard.  I failed to understand I should have pressed OK on the Roku to bring up the keyboard.  My error... It is now working great.   Thank you Very Very Much!!   Wishing you a Great Easter!! 

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

My Directv NOW program on my tv screen shows a blank for User ID and Password but the remote when operated does not cause a keyboard to come up so that I can use it enter the User ID and Password.  Can you help?

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

What device are you using? Does the remote work for other oerations? Depending on see device move arrow keys and select enter.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support