Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is there someone I can talk to regarding the loudness of certain att commercials during streaming?

Highlighted
Tutor

Is there someone I can talk to regarding the loudness of certain att commercials during streaming?

When I watch channels through Directv Now, there are a few ATT screen ads (one being Undeniable with Dan Patrick) that has music 10X louder than the show playing. I have to turn the volume down substantially so I don't blow my speakers, then I have to remember to turn it up in order to hear what is going on in the show I want to watch. This ad's music has to violate some sort of FCC regulation as the loudest part of the show doesn't even come close to that screen ad. Is there someone to speak to regarding this?

Message 1 of 8
Contributor

Re: Is there someone I can talk to regarding the loudness of certain att commercials during streamin

Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging it? Or even resetting? In a pinch, I might even suggest resetting to factory settings...

Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Re: Is there someone I can talk to regarding the loudness of certain att commercials during streamin

Hi! Thanks for your response. It's Directv Now App through both Roku and
FireTV.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by steph723
‎05-03-2019 12:05 PM

Support is only available via the chat. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8

Pretty much all the DirecTV ads that get played do this and it's infuriating. They made it illegal to do this with regular TV commercials, I'm not sure how this could have a different standard. You guys are really making it difficult not to hate this service. 

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

There are no "you guys" here. Just other subscribers here in a community forum. It's their product and if you are not satisfied then I would look at other alternatives. It's just that simple.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8

There’s really no need to be pedantic, I’m quite positive that you knew what I meant. And yes, I plan on correcting the mistake I made by signing up – two weeks to go.
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

Good luck with your future adventures.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support