Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is there any DVR or replay feature available?

Teacher

Is there any DVR or replay feature available?

So far, I haven't seen a single channel that offers a replay of recently aired programs. Other streaming services offer a 3 day replay feature of channels such as lifetime, LMN, A&E, etc. Just wondering if there is any way to do that on Directvnow?

Message 1 of 23
Scholar

Re: Is there any DVR or replay feature available?

I am hoping that since today was the actual first day of the service, maybe the DirecTV Now programming vaults started today storing recordings of the shows as they air. If that's the case, then there should be more and more of the 72 hour type rewind episodes showing up as available for viewing over the next 3 days.  Likewise, I hope that tomorrow the on-demand copies of today's ABC, NBC, Fox primetime broadcasts show up somewhere on DirecTV Now.  (Variety had reported this morning, "According to AT&T, where it does not offer local broadcast channels, it provides day-after-air primetime shows on-demand."  Other news articles reported that same information coming from AT&T and its Executives.)

Message 16 of 23
Scholar

Take a look today. It's still the same...many networks have no VOD content, ones that do are over a month old, the 72 hour flashback is empty for most networks where they list it as supported on their FAQ, those that do have some 72 hour flackback content available is only 1 or 2 specific programs - not all programs that have aired on that network in the last 72 hours (or even last 24 hours if we use 11/30 as the start date).

What AT&T/DTV NOW claims works or is/will be available is purely false. And the fact it has just launched is no excuse. Anyone who works with products and services knows to launch prematurely and over-promise/under-deliver is simply a very bad move. Better to delay launch and do it right, deliver what you promise, than launch earlier and deliver a sub-par product/service that upsets your customer base. This was an utterly poor decision. First impressions important, and this launch is an epic fail. If you're not going to have something, don't say you will. Especially after customers are already using the live service and we KNOW things aren't there, yet they're completely dodging the obvious and not addressing the issues. What's worse than a premature launch and under-delivering? Not owning up to it and lack of communication to your new customers. SMH

Message 17 of 23
Tutor

that's not even true.  MAybe one crappy show that you are not looking for will show up

Message 18 of 23

Please read the fine print. The 72 hour reply only works on select channels and select show.  The keyword is select here  which means a few but not all.

Message 19 of 23
Teacher

There isn't any fine print about the shows. It says selected channels,
which they provide a list of.

When you say 72 hour rewind, it clearly gives the impressioj that it
reminds 72 hours. Otherwise, it's just VOD. Not that I'm surprised by
DirecTV lying and misleading the consumer.

For the record, I asked customer service about it via chat and they
claimed it was supposed to be the full 72 hours, not just selected shows.
Again, not surprised that customer service either lied or didn't know what
it was, since the company has been so intentionally vague about
everything.

Terrible product and terrible company.
Message 20 of 23
Teacher

I agree,  I tried it and these hannels dont have the 72 hour playback advertised.

Message 21 of 23
Scholar

@Gunther_VA , I see your post is dated today, 2/4/2017.   FYI, unfortunately for serveral days DirecTV Now has had the following statement in their Help Center page at https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/213360526-How-do-I-use-the-72-Hour-Rewind-feature-on-D...  :   "Note: The 72-Hour Rewind feature is temporarily unavailable."

Message 22 of 23
Scholar

I had heard that the 72 hour feature should return by 3025.

Message 23 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support