Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Is there any DVR or replay feature available?

Teacher

Is there any DVR or replay feature available?

So far, I haven't seen a single channel that offers a replay of recently aired programs. Other streaming services offer a 3 day replay feature of channels such as lifetime, LMN, A&E, etc. Just wondering if there is any way to do that on Directvnow?

Message 1 of 23
Community Support

Hi @limboaz,

The replay feature is available but only offered on certain channels. We apologize about the inconveniences on it not working on the channels you have watched. We are always working on expanding it.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 23
Contributor

That is very disappointing! I wish it had that feature

Message 3 of 23
Highlighted
Scholar

The replay feature is available but only offered on certain channels. We apologize about the inconveniences on it not working on the channels you have watched. We are always working on expanding it. -DIRECTVNOWCare

How does a user find the channels that have the replay feature you mention?  Please provide an example of a channel that already has it.

Message 4 of 23
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by limboaz
‎11-30-2016 2:30 PM

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 23
Teacher

Only the following channels have the 72 hour "rewind" function 😞

A&E

DIY

Lifetime

Sprout

ABC

E!

MSNBC

Syfy

AUDIENCE™ Network

Food Network

MTV

TBS

AXS TV

Fox

MTV2

TCM

BET

FYI

MundoFox

TNT

Bravo

Galavision

NBC

Travel Channel

Cartoon Network

Golf

NBC Sports Network

truTV

CBS

Hallmark

Nickelodeon

TV Land

CMT

H2

Ovation

UniMas

CNBC

HDNet Movies

OWN

Univision

CNN

HGTV

Palladia

UP

Comedy Central

History

Spike

USA

Cooking Channel

HLN

VH1

Message 6 of 23
Teacher

The problem is that those channels don't have it either. Some have 1-2 episodes, but most have nothing. And DirecTV has dodged the question Everytime I've seen it asked. It makes me think this isn't a day one glitch, it's the way it is. If that's the case, it's a disgusting business practice to lie to your consumers, thinking they are getting something they aren't. I forsee a lot of cancelations in 90 days.
Message 7 of 23
Scholar

Hmm. I wonder why HDNet Movies is listed in the above table. That channel is not listed anywhere on the DirecTV Now site as one they carry in any of the packages.  (It is, however, a Directv satellite channel.)

Message 8 of 23
Tutor

CBS is not available on DTV Now either and wierd to have it listed on their 72 hour rewind website shown above (sadly AMD is missing from list). Also not worth having the HBO or Cinemax add-on because many episodes from popular shows are missing and most likely because HBO does not want to undercut its own streaming service. Many episodes missing from channels in the sub as well. 😛

Message 9 of 23
Teacher

I will give them some time to iron things out. There are always bumps in the road when you launch technology as complicated as this. It's not just the technical issues, but the legal and licensing issues.

Message 10 of 23
Tutor

True and the current deal of $35 for 100 channels is hard to pass up even without NFL Network...lol.

Message 11 of 23
Contributor

Palladia ia also not included in DTV Now....

Message 12 of 23
Mentor

I still don't see a solution to this in terms of a replay feature. The solution offered links to a description of the 72 hour rewind feature and the channels it is supposed to work with. The problem is that  there are only a few channels ( like tbs and tnt) that actually show more than one or two previously played episodes. At least on the FireTV app, that is how it is. The question then is: Is the 72 hour rewind feature suppose to work now for the channels listed as working with it?

Message 13 of 23

To the AT&T employee contributor... I tried using the Apple TV app to review channels on the 72 hour rewind future for networks that your website say support the feature, but it's not working for said channels on my end. Is this a bug? Or do you not support this feature for virtually every channel, even though there are many stated networks on your site that say they are supported?

This issue has single-handedly been the most frustrating and least intuitive of my entire viewing experience. If this isn't resolved ASAP I'm canceling my sub and never coming back to DirecTV ever again.

The communication or lack thereof for how this feature works on the Apple TV or which networs support it has been very poor, to put it mildly.
Message 14 of 23
Teacher

I'm going to give it a few days. When they say 72 hours, I'm sure they mean 72 hours. They may still have to work out some licensing issues or technical bugs. Rome wasn't built in a day Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support