Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Message 10 of 220
Contributor

Re: Missing Guide Channels (FireTV)

We have the same issue and are using Roku sticks for access.  The info provided didn’t solve our problem but helped recognize it. We have the two different zip codes for location and billing. Unfortunately neither AT&T or DirectvNow (who you can only chat with on line😬) knows nothing about this problem and are no help whatsoever!!  We can get the local channels on our iPhones and iPads!?

Message 166 of 220
Teacher

Never ask dtvn for help.
You just have to go with what they give you and figure it out yourself
Message 167 of 220
Teacher

balderdash

NOT SOLVED

web site says should get them

you wont tell me how to actually get them

they are not there in spite of your web site saying my zip code has them

but i dont have them 

Message 168 of 220
Teacher

Don't even bother asking for help.
You get what you get.
Message 169 of 220

This is {edited for word filter evasion}. I live in 32086 and you, att, keep putting me in 32080 so I can't get what I paid for. Fix it. 

Message 170 of 220
Professor

this is just a user community forum. no employees here. so we aren't putting you anywhere and we can't fix it. 

Message 171 of 220

I agree. Even complaining for 3 months. No fix. But they want me to renew. Nope.
Message 172 of 220

I agree. A waste of space.
Message 173 of 220

I just finally updated my billing address to be the wrong one that they have and now I get local ABC, NBC and FOX FROM ORLANDO which is 100 miles away.  What a cluster
Message 174 of 220
Contributor

I am also unable to access the local channels.  Before the app was updated I had access to all the networks - abc, cbs, nbc and fox.  They were local channels out of Atlanta.  With this new version this acces is now gone.  Why?  I live 150 miles south of Atlanta.  What has changed? 

Message 175 of 220
Contributor

I can't get my local channels since the directtv update/revamping today - 6/5/18. What's up?

Message 176 of 220
Tutor

NOt solved....  DirecTV app  can  be downloaded and logged into.  Then  throws an info message that  the app is not ready and needs a few more tweaks.  

After 2 years of owning DirecTV ATT can't  handle simple streaming redirect in the App they'd busted to control their content.

Message 177 of 220
Contributor

I am a customer and network administrator for a rural telephone operator (Tenino and Kalama Telephone Company) and ISP (Scatter Creek Infonet) that serves customers that are in two different designated market areas (DMA), Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.  Our registered ARIN block is 216.128.96.0/20 but has the City and Zip for Kalama, WA.  We currently split that block across both companies with 216.128.96.0/21 serving Kalama, WA (Portland DMA) and 216.128.104.0/21 serving Tenino, WA (Seattle DMA).  We've had many customers from our Tenino serving area complain to us about not getting the Seattle local channels since the DirecTVNow update.  Is there any way to get the IP geolocation data in your database updated to give our Tenino customers the right local channels of the Seattle market?

Message 178 of 220
ACE - Expert

No one from DTVN support is going to read that request since this is just a customer based forum. Like everyone else you can voice your request using the chat to a rep. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 179 of 220
Contributor

Wow...  Just when you thought AT&T couldn't possibly SCREW up DirecTV ANYMORE than they already had...

After our entire family, being loyal to DirecTV for years, pays into the company we loved for their consistently great service and customer relations for years, AT&T comes along and screws us for being in the very industry that makes your money-grubbing possible?!

We live one place - our "billing zip code."  But being in the film and TV industryindustry, ourour viewing zip codes vary.   And now you'reyou're  telling me while I happen to be laidlaid up post-op at mymy sister's  a totally different zip code, I don't get toto watch Master Chef?!?! 

ARE  YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME ! 

Message 180 of 220
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support