Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Message 10 of 220

Re: Missing Guide Channels (FireTV)

I'm in Zip Code 46037 (Fishers Indiana), a direct suburb of Indianapolis Indiana.  Suddenly, CBS (WTTV channel 4) and CBS Sports disappeared from our local channel line up.   I'm told there are other zip codes like 46038, 46060 & 46062 (Noblesville) that have been affected.  These are all suburbs of Indianapolis.  I don't understand why our local CBS affiliate has been removed from Direct TV Now. 

Message 196 of 220
ACE - Expert

Do you receive the channel on your mobile device? What device are you using that it is missing?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 197 of 220
Employee

Please keep in mind the original post and solution is from 2016 and does not exactly apply to DIRECTV NOW any longer. Local channels regardless of affiliate can be accessed in locations while traveling based on billing zip code and physical location. Each individual network must be available in your home zip to receive them in a visiting zip.  More info can be found in this DIRECTV NOW eSupport article.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 198 of 220

If that is so, then, at home, why am I getting two different markets -
changing between the two on a weekly, sometimes daily basis?

I was told by DirecTVNow reps a few months ago - that it was due to my
non-static IP address for my router, not the zip code. And, after getting a
static ip address - I was getting stations from Washington DC - 100 miles
away???

I thus opted to not keep the static IP and go back to my old setup with the
alternating markets.

Message 199 of 220
Tutor

I talked with my internet provider and they and they assured me the IP address has nothing to do with what content directv now streams. Somewhere in the DTVN server my location info was changed, somehow settings were changed on DTVN’s end. 

You were able to talk to an actual person for DTVN? All I’ve been able to “talk” to are the chat bots. 

Message 200 of 220

Hi - I talked to them a number of times - and two of them knew of the
problem with IP addresses - and it fits what is happening when I go to
"whatsmyipaddress.com". Some of them were clueless.
Message 201 of 220

I received CBS on both my Apple TV and mobile devices and via a browser. Now I can't get it on any device. I'm told it's b/c they are no longer considered to be local content in my zip code.
Message 202 of 220

And my point is that the zip codes I am in should be considered local to Indianapolis for WTTV 4 CBS.
Message 203 of 220

Same here. I haven't been able to get a live body on the phone.
Message 204 of 220
ACE - Expert

You want. There is no phone support. Use the chat for service.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 205 of 220
Employee

The local channel discussion has been had here 100 times over. You can search the Community Forum and may find some answers to your questions. Or maybe you will find more questions that need answers. Try doing a search, focus on discussions after May 31. You can filter by replies or date. This thread should be archived..

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 206 of 220
Contributor

I had the same problem. I talked to Direct Now with no results. I solved the issue by going to Direct now app on my phone, recording a show on a local channel. I then went to the app on my Firestick and watched the recording I just made. I then went back to the guide and the channels were there! Good luck!

Message 207 of 220
Contributor

found that local news and morning shows are not available.  “the owner of this program doesn’t allow it to be streamed at this location”  reston va max subscriber

Message 208 of 220
ACE - Master

Let me guess, Kelly and Ryan?

That's a syndicated show, since 1988 anyway, and though it may run on a local network affiliate it's not network programming, and DTVN's agreements with local affiliates don't cover syndicated programming.

Unfortunately I know of no solution other than an antenna.

Message 209 of 220
Contributor

no. all 3 early morning shows on the local networks and good morning
america. we normally see them, but i do think this problem has occurred
before today.
Message 210 of 220
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support