Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Local Channel Streaming with DIRECTV NOW

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Message 10 of 220
Mentor

@dulanic I found it, you have to go to guide.  Its there hard to find and not an option like Sling has.  Very small print.  Once you click on the guide it shows up and you can then stream all channels.  This guide scrolls and is very touchy on the Android app.  OK on Chrome.  

Message 16 of 220
Teacher

Re: I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

Locals are only available in large metro areas  LA, New York, Dallas etc.  It all depends on where the networks own and operate a local.    The networks own and operate those markets outright so they dont have to enter into agreements with the local affliates in smaller markets like the one I live in here in Arkansas.  It took DirectTV 5 years to get locals in NW Arkansas in the 90's.

If you are using Amazon a lot of locals have created there own apps or make the broadcast for news available in a browser.

Your only other option is Over the Air Antenna.

Message 17 of 220
Mentor

Is this /w PC or streaming device? Currentlty there seems to be an issue around seeing locals on FireTV & AppleTV. Since your profile shows New York, I'm pretty sure thats the problem for you too.

Message 18 of 220
Mentor

Re: Missing Guide Channels (FireTV)

Chat response:

Deon C: Looks like the issue is currently being checked out there is no ETA on how long it will take.

Message 19 of 220

It is with both PC and Fire Stick. .
Message 20 of 220
Community Support

Hi @dulanic

To stream NBC, you cannot use a streaming device like FireTV. You can only view it from the DIRECTVNOW app or PC. Check out this link and click on Unavailable Channels.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 220
Mentor

Yet sling and psvue can... Well that kills this idea.
Message 22 of 220
Teacher

I am with you. I need to look elsewhere now, 

Thanks for following up on this. 

Message 23 of 220
Community Support

Hi all,

Some channels are on available the app, certain browsers, and devices. Some streaming devices, like the Fire Stick. Check out this link and select Unavailable Channels.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 220

Local channels in Seattle

Are local channels - ABC, NBC, FOX available in the seattle area? I know most places have affiliate networks, so whats the deal with this?

Message 25 of 220
Community Support

Re: Channels

Hi @Bartekfjc,

MSG network is only available in NY at this time and we don't have a timeline for future availability in other locations. Visit this link for more information on what channels you can watch.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Message 26 of 220
Scholar

NBC available only through the App or web-based streaming---is this "the plan" or something that is being worked to fix?

Also, what about ABC?  ABC doesn't show up on my iPhone either. 

Message 27 of 220
Tutor

Im not getting local channels either.  Im in LA (so zip code shows available channels), on a desktop browser, but my IP geolocates to San Diego for some unknown reason from our IP provider.  This part of service needs to be tweaked, or else might as well keep signed up with someone else...

Message 28 of 220
Highlighted
Contributor

The NBC thing is super frustrating.  Can you let us know if this is a forever thing, or only for the time being?

Message 29 of 220

Community Support DIRECTVNOWCare
Community Support
Options
Nov 30, 2016 8:44 AM
Hi all,

Some channels are on available the app, certain browsers, and devices. Some streaming devices, like the Fire Stick. Check out this link and select Unavailable Channels.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

This is ridiculious. I can stream local NBC here in New York using Playstation Vue. NBC was the only local affiliate I wanted to watch.

Message 30 of 220
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support