Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: How do I turn off narration?

Contributor

How do I turn off narration?

I need to turn off the narration of some mostly ABC shows. I am watching Direct TV now through Roku. I know a law recently passed requiring networks to narrate for the visually impaired.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

While watching a show select the OK button and right arrow over to the last icon. Select OK.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Not closed captioning, narration!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's under Accessibility/Audio Guide (Roku menu) It also says to press * four times quickly to toggle it. That might be how you accidentally turned it on.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Master

• Select Settings from your device's home screen.
  • Select General.
  • Select Accessibility.
  • Select Audio Descriptions.
  • Set the toggle switch to Off.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

...thought I heard a cymbal crash, nice follow-up sir. 

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted

I too am trying to stop narration on CBS shows.  I have tried all the items listed. All I can get to is Closed Captions. That's not the issue. I don't have accessibility setting on my remote searches.  I even googled "how to remove narration using ATT U-Verse. Please Help!

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

If U-verse why not try the U-verse forum instead of here in the internet streaming service forum. The 2 are not even related. U-verse is here 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support