Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I get local channels

Contributor

How do I get local channels

We brought our Roku from Mesa, AZ to Silver Bay, MN, 55614. The local stations would come out of Duluth, MN. As I scroll through the channels I'm unable to find the standard: ABC, CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX from which we would like to be able to get local programing. We did get the network local channels in Mesa, AZ.  Help, Please!  Thanks

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Linsch
‎04-20-2018 6:06 PM

Re: How do I get local channels

To see what local stations DirecTV Now currently carries at a given location, use the local lookup tool.  I picked a random Duluth area zip code, and it appears they do not currently carry any stations there.  (Duluth is the #140 TV market in size - out of 210 in the country, while Phoenix is #11, with over 10 times as many households, so it isn't particularly surprising to me that there was coverage in Phoenix but not Duluth.)  They are always adding new ones, so they may add coverage there at some point, but in the meantime, it looks like an antenna to get OTA service is your best bet for the broadcast stations.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: How do I get local channels

That lookup tool is also woefully out of date.  It shows 2 available local channels for my zip code, and I actually get 6 in the app.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support