I don’t see way to delete recording

Message 1 of 9
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Vanita
‎06-03-2018 11:08 AM

Re: How delete a recording

Select it and then it should allow you to select watch or delete recording.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Thanks!  Pretty obvious but I didn’t see it.  🤓

Message 3 of 9
Contributor

How do you delete a recording while watching?

Message 4 of 9
Mentor

When my cloud dvr shows up, sometimes it’s just gone, I see the trash next to the recording. However, when I select the recording to delete I get the undo option and move on down the list the deleted show shows back up.  I can try deleting the show again and it still shows back up. 

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

My Directv Now does not work like that. ONce selected all you can do is watch. While watching press the down arrow which brings up fast forward/rewind. Now press left arrow over the i. Not only is Directv Now very poorly designed it is excruciatingly slow. Directv NOw is way behind SlingTV in ease of use

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Master

Which device are you using, and what exactly are you trying to do?  Just delete a recording?  Delete a recording while it is still recording?  While you are watching it?Something else?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9
Mentor

I was going to ask, in another thread, what the graphic next to the time display when viewing all recordings was for (hours remaining) and why it was always half of the time that should be remaining. ATV latest version.

Let me say I had the same problem BOA999 described in June and July, this will become relevant at the end. Here’s the example:

1. I had 6 shows listed in my DVR list on my ATV all one hour in length. Also looked at my DTVN app on my Roku Streaming Stick which matched the ATV.  

2.  The remaining line showed I had six hours remaining, eight hours less than what it should be. 

3.  I didn’t get the math so I looked at the upcoming recording list and saw I had 3 hours of upcoming shows in the next day. That still didn’t balance with the time remaining. 

4.  I then added the next 24 hours, a total of 48 hours of future shows, and was still not adding up to what the remaining hours left line. Very strange. 

So so I needed to change my login password, which I did on the website, and also looked at my bookmarks. I then looked at my recordings list and saw eight shows in my DVR list from early July that had no title but had a play arrow. They all had expiration days from 2 to 6 days. I tried to play a couple but got an error message that there was something wrong with the content.

I started to delete them from within the DTVN website. I deleted them all but one kept coming back into my list. I tried a few more times but the result was the same.  I logged out. 

I logged back in my ATV DTVN app and the remaining hours left showed 13 hours left. So the math now equaled what was listed in the DTVN website. I later went back to the website and the old recording was gone, by then I had watched two shows and the remaining time left line now showed 16 hours. 

BOA999, I suspect that you need to login to the DTVN website and manage your recalcitrant recordings from there. I’m confident this will resolve the problem. 

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

When I highlight it delete does not appear. If I hit OK on my Roku remote, it opens the program. No way to delete - except to scroll all the way through the show to the end. Then the choice is given.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support