Can I download nbc app ?

Message 1 of 21
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-23-2018 3:10 PM

Re: Help me watch nbc

Sure you can - but it does not mean you can watch local programming.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 21
Professor

No local programming, but you can use your DTVN login to watch all the on demand content available in the app.

Message 3 of 21
Tutor

i want to watch local channel 5 NBC

Message 4 of 21
ACE - Expert

Have you verified by the local channel tool just what locals you may receive?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 21
Tutor

It has always been one of our local channels. Nobody with direct tv can get
it now. Why. We want it back. Or I guess we can get another carrier.
Message 6 of 21
ACE - Expert

Nobody? I watch it everyday. You are talking about DirecTV Now and not DirecTV correct?

Message 7 of 21
Tutor

This doesn't help

Message 8 of 21
ACE - Expert

You said "nobody". I am only pointing out that others do get NBC. Have no idea what "local channel 5 NBC" is either. Did you ever verify what locals that you might can receive using the local channel look-up tool located here

Message 9 of 21
Tutor

channel 5 NBC here is one of our channels here. Why does Direct tv not
carry it. We pay for our SLC, Ut channels. It is paid for by some of the
LDS church. It is our local channel.

Message 10 of 21
ACE - Expert

Same question asked again. Are you suppose to be receiving the channel? Have you verified that you can receive the channel using the local channel look-up tool here

What device are you using? Can you see the channel on your mobile (phone) device?

Message 11 of 21
Tutor

Television.
Message 12 of 21
ACE - Expert

What device with your tv? Roku, Fire stick. Apple device?

Message 13 of 21
Tutor

roku
Message 14 of 21
ACE - Master

According to the local lookup tool, DirecTV Now doesn't carry the NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City, so you can't get it on DirecTV Now.  They don't (yet?) carry all network affiliates everywhere.  What DirecTV carries is irrelevant to DirecTV Now - they are 2 unrelated services and don't necessarily carry the same locals (or other things).  I have no idea if DirecTV or DirecTV Now used to carry that station and stopped for some reason or never carried it, but regardless it apparently isn't there now.

Message 15 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support