Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HBO ON Demand on DirectTV Now on Apple TV Issues

Highlighted
Contributor

HBO ON Demand on DirectTV Now on Apple TV Issues

I have been watching Sopranos on demand through the DirectTV Now App on Apple TV. Frequently it will pause. I tried rebooting but that didn't help. I don't have problems when watching live tv. But when watching on demand, or non-live, TV, it pauses a lot. 

Message 1 of 6
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by johnvic
‎04-04-2018 10:53 AM

Re: HBO ON Demand on DirectTV Now on Apple TV Issues

Your best bet would probably be to use HBO GO with your DTVN credentials and watch your HBO shows. I know, that doesn't fix what is going on within the DTVN program, but I think you will find it to be a lot better experience.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Scholar

You will also find that most of the individual channel apps have way more on demand than going through the Directv Now App.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thanks to you both. I thought I tried to log into HBO Go and had trouble. But I did it just now on my iPhone and it worked like a charm. I'll do it on the Apple TV when I get home.

Message 4 of 6
Guru

Another good thing about the HBO GO app is it streams in Dolby Digital 5.1. That was the main reason I subscribed plus it's a good value.

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

Unfortunately not all of the apps for channels on DTVN will allow you to log in with you DTVN creditials but quite a few do. A list of all of the apps you can log in to can be found here 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support