Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HBO Go login

Contributor

HBO Go login

I cant login to HBO Go with my DirecTV now account. Every time i do i get a message saying "Have we met? We don't recognize your info" and I am definitely using the correct login info. Is it becuase my account is still in trail or what?

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: HBO Go login

What kind of device is the HBO GO app on? With HBO GO you typically have to authenticate with a code via their activate website first that redirects you to a DTVN login page.

Also, are you certain HBO is included in your trial? Do you see any HBO channels in your DTVN Guide?

Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Yes HBO is included in my trail. I have been able to watch the channel fine. I have tried logging in via laptop, android app, and roku.

Message 3 of 9
Professor

I can't repeat your issue under any circumstances. Sorry. On the HBO GO activation page, I pick a device then DIRECTV NOW from the provider list (NOT DIRECTV). If I use a good login, it goes to a page where I enter an activation code. If I use a bad login, I get "Something Went Wrong" error.

You'll have to resolve this via Chat.

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Master

Someone posted here a while back that the HBO Go app would not accept certain special characters in a user name or password. I think they wound up changing one or the other.

Chat support might have more info on this.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jabberwhite
‎10-09-2018 4:15 PM

It's the DirectvNow password having special characters that HBO Go doesn't like.

If you still use an email for your User ID you might want to change that to a non-email nickname.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9

Mine works fine with my email. It may be because you’re using the directv now trial and are not yet a paid subscriber to that channel. Did you just sign up today? Wait a few days and try again. If not then I would wait until after the trial and see if the problem persists and if so then i would consider changing the user name/password (without special characters) and/or follow up with chat. 

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Master

The fact that you're on a trial should make no difference. As long as you have a payment method on file for use if you go over your trial time you should be no different from any other subscriber.

The problem may be that HBO Go apparently dislikes special characters in passwords, even though everyone is encouraged by the world to use them.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I can login to the ap on my phone using direct tv login. However when I need to activate my Roku to work with my account I can’t use the ap and have to go to the activate site. Here it only accepts an email and my login is not an email. Please help. I tried logging in with my email and password on the account but it doesn’t work. I don’t log into directtv with my email. 

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support