Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: HBO Go Error

Contributor

HBO Go Error

I'm attempting to activate HBO Go on my PS4, and getting the following error:

{"message":"Invalid authentication response","type":"Error","status":500,"code":0}

I would definitely like a resolution for this, the lack of attention to this problem is frustrating. 

Message 1 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTKevin
‎12-28-2018 12:21 PM

I got this resolved by talking to tech support and they said my account needed to be migrated.

After the migration I no longer get the 500 error.
Tags (1)
Message 16 of 22
Contributor

On my FireTV: go to the "Manage Installed Applications" section of Settings. Go to HBOGO. Force Stop. Clear CACHE. Restart app, it's like you were never logged out. At least that fixed it for me.

I tried 100 different ways to log in through the hbogo.com/tvsignin and all gave me the "ERROR:500" garbage. Anyhow. Good luck

Message 17 of 22
Contributor

Which tech support.. I'm getting the run around - attuverse support, directtv support, wireless support...

Message 18 of 22
ACE - Master

None of those is DirecTV Now support.  Why don’t you try that one?  (DirecTV Now offers support access only by online chat. Take the Contact us link at the bottom of this page, then take the DIRECTV NOW link.  On the DirecTV Now support page, select the Chat live button - this might take several seconds to pop up.)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 22
Contributor

Just ran into this myself... really frustrated at the actual fix. You don't have to jump through all the hoops listed in this thread. It's quite simple... there are 2 directtv log in's on HBOgo.. if you try logging in under "DirectTV Now" (the provided icon) you will get this error. Instead, there is a pull down menu on the bottom where you discover there is actually "DirectTV" and "DirectTV Now"... click the former and boom.. you're in. The error was trying to log in under their internet only service (the only one there is an icon for).

Message 20 of 22
Tutor

It still doesn't work for me because when I choose my provider as Directnow, it gives me the code and tells me to go to hbogo.com/tvsignin and it gets the 500 error again and again. It is super frustrating to not be able to fix it. But they are charging me now and there is no way to stop them from doing that because it is part of all of the plans now. I have to find a way. I can get it on my phone but not my tv. 

Message 21 of 22
ACE - Expert

What device are you using? 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support