Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Go Big Package- ABC is GONE!

Highlighted

Go Big Package- ABC is GONE!

I subscribed to the Go Big pkg last Friday and had my local ABC33/40 in my lineup (why I decided to go with Diectv Now) and now it's gone! It disappeared from my Rokus on Wednesday I think. However, it was still on my phone. It's gone now too! I chatted with support, but they disconnected the chat Smiley Sad before they fixed it. I have rebooted, updated, logged in and logged out to no avail on all devices. My local ABC is gone. WHY???? It's in my market area and it's in my plan.

Very, very frustrated!

Jimmy
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by gilldawg79
‎12-25-2017 6:17 AM

Re: Go Big Package- ABC is GONE!

The reason channels usually disappear is due to your location being miss-identified. Mobile (Cell) uses GPS where the PC, Roku, etc uses your IP address to determine where you are located. Its not uncommon for your ISP to use a dynamic IP address that may change over time that can cause you to lose your local stations. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the response. My ISP is ATT and I use a mobile hotspot. I can kind of buy into this s little, but that's not acceptable, that I lose my locals because of IP or GPS location. It stayed in the same spot in my house for 6 days.....
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

Well a lot of users have been experiencing the location issue. The best test since you said you lost both Roku's and your phone is go to another location and use your cell data to see if it appears. Mine has happened a few time. It may not be acceptable (if true) but noting you can do except discuss with your ISP about a static IP address. Most charge for that service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Why is it not an option in settings to input your zip code? Also recently lost my local channel.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

The Firesticks do have a place to enter your zip code, but I don't think DTVN pays any attention.

DTVN is unlikely to trust any information the user controls. The satellite companies learned long ago that people will lie cheat and steal to get whatever locals and sports they want.

Amazon delivers stuff to you, they need your location too, but you are unlikely to lie to them about it, so they honor your input.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support