Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Firestick use with DIRECTV Now?

Teacher

Firestick use with DIRECTV Now?

Is there any incompatibility between the use of Firestick and DIRECTV Now? I am new to all of this and finding it all a bit confusing. Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by BARBSFMOK
‎04-08-2018 1:05 PM

Re: Firestick use with DIRECTV Now?

I believe the first generation Firestick will not work, but anything gen 2 or later than that should.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 16

does anyone know if there is a better remote coming out for the fire stick the present one leaves a lot to be desired

Message 3 of 16
ACE - Expert

Sounds like you are spoiled from a cable remote. Streaming services using devices are just not the same.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 16

It seems to b the only issue with the fire stick remote that it is so
limited making it a longer process to change channels
Message 5 of 16
Professor

That's more of an issue with poor engineers at Direc tv now. Nothing wrong with the remote.

Message 6 of 16
Professor

There is a way to do direct channel number entry on Fire TV and other Android devices if you run the beta app. Pair a Bluetooth keyboard, enable number display in the guide, open the guide, enter a number then select. This is the least clunky on a Channel Master Stream+ since its remote has number keys.

Message 7 of 16

I went on amazon looking for a solution but it looks as if there are issues with fire stick 1 & 2 so I will keep searching

Message 8 of 16

I don't agree to me it seems that the fire stick remote needs improvement
Message 9 of 16
Professor

Like what, other services have use long press to bring up previous channel,  guide,dvr, search. They use dpad to skip ahead.  Implemented voice control to change channels. I have a Harmony, but I prefer the size and layout of the Fire remote.

Message 10 of 16
Contributor

all I get is the DirectvNow logo inthe middle of the screen.

Ive been working on this scene 5:45 and now it's 10:26

Message 11 of 16
ACE - Expert

Delete the cache and data and try again.

Message 12 of 16
Contributor

What cache? Where? How? TVs don't have any cache I know about and neither
does a firestick.

Bob
Message 13 of 16
ACE - Expert

Your Fire stick - that's your device.

Message 14 of 16

try rebooting the firestick

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support