Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now not working on Google Chrome

Tutor

Directv Now not working on Google Chrome

My Directv Now works just fine using Internet Explorer. However, whenever I try using it on Google Chrome I get the "Hmmm...this video is taking a bit longer to load" message and that's it ... the shows never load.  I've disabled security, unloaded extensions, etc., etc., and still nothing.  Please provide other possible solution(s).  If I am unable to get a fix to this problem by June 30, I will be cancelling my subscription to Directv Now and moving on to another streaming service.  

Message 1 of 69
ACE - Expert

Re: Directv Now not working on Google Chrome

Typically you get that message when your bandwidth is not up to par. I have a 300 MBPS connection but that does not always mean it is not slowed down by your provider or your router.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 69
Tutor

So why does it run just fine using Explorer (never a problem)?  Shouldn't i get this message all the time on any browser if the connection is slow?

Message 3 of 69
ACE - Expert

I can't really explain it. Chrome with DirecTV Now is just perfect for me. With IE - it runs like a dog. I never use IE on the PC. I have had really no issues with Chrome. DirecTV Now is such a memory and resource hog compared to the other services. The amount od data it uses is out of sight. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 69
Teacher

I tried using chrome but all I got was frustration. I ended up using the Roku app now that it is available and it works very good. Not going back trying to use chrome on WMC.

Message 5 of 69
Mentor

Chrome no longer working for me either. Was working fine till a couple of days ago. So its not a bandwith issue. Direct TV now just doesnt seem to be working with chrome well anymore . cant even cast it to the TV anymore via the app or the browser. 

Message 6 of 69
ACE - Expert

Working fine still for me and the casting is performing perfectly. Using version 59.0.3071.104 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Message 7 of 69
Tutor

I get the same error and my bandwidth is perfectly fine.....I can stream it just fine on my mac with Chrome but Chrome on all of my PCs gets this exact error "Hmmm...this video is taking a bit longer to load"...I can play it on IE with ok results......it is just PC chrome that has issues.

Message 8 of 69
ACE - Expert

Chrome is still just "purrring" along with me. IE seems to lag a little for me. 

Message 9 of 69
Tutor

Same here. Chrome (win7 32 bit). It was working in the past, but now it attempts to load but won't run the content stream. No longer streams to chromecast from android phone, although it plays the stream on the phone screen. Chrome has recently upgraded version so maybe directv developers are working on compatibility issues. I am able to sign in to other apps like espn, fox sports, etc so I am able to see programming that way. I enjoy the directvnow channel choices, but I need a functional way to enjoy them on the app. I hope the improvements will happen.

Message 10 of 69
Mentor

They really need to get this fixed. it advertises CHROMECAST and google
chrome browser.. both of which are having issues for a good number of
users. Not just on here but see complains on reddit as well. Yet AT&T says
nothing to us about it and tech support is worthless.
Message 11 of 69
Mentor

They really need to get this fixed. it advertises CHROMECAST and google
chrome browser.. both of which are having issues for a good number of
users. Not just on here but see complains on reddit as well. Yet AT&T says
nothing to us about it and tech support is worthless.
Message 12 of 69
Contributor

This kind of answer from a "guru" really burns me up. All you do is rub our nose in it. Instead of telling us how wonderful your experience is, how about acknowledging that there is an issue here that DirectTV Now is NOT addressing. Tell us - specifically - what your Chrome settings are, what extensions you have running or not running, how it interacts with your firewall and internet security protocols, etc. Because so far your responses are useless.

Message 13 of 69
ACE - Expert

I have no extensions added and everything is canned as installed. I have no reason to modify any programs. I am just a user just like you. I have experienced little issues with DTVN on any my devices. Sorry that you feel that way about me.

Message 14 of 69

Ive been experiencing the same issue with chrome browser and chromecast for the last 5 days, yet FireTv on same network works fine. Im in IT and deal with video, streaming, snd networking all the time and cant even get it to work at eork eith 100+m up and down. Ive done all I can from the user side, even started annother thread with the key word chromecast, spent time in chat with DTV now support, even offered to run a wireshark trace snd send it to them if they would give me the filters they want applied so we dont have this huge log to look through. Yet still nothing. Tonight i even brought Google into the discussion. Its like DTV Now and further more AT&T does not care about Google product users. Reminds me of why I have stayed away from AT&T since they royally screwed me when they bought Cingular. The issue with Google products seems to only be affecting central US and I have not traced yet to see if its Dallas or Kansas where my node goes. But my bet, they have a server somewhere that has gone awol and does not play with google protocol
Tags (3)
Message 15 of 69
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support