Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Contributor

Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Is there anyway to volunteer to be a beta tester for the new Directv Now streaming box?  I’ve had Directv for over 20 years and have both Directv and Directv Now, but I never get the opportunity to try out the new products.

Message 1 of 99
ACE - Master

Re: Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

There is no way to volunteer, but the Osprey boxes do show up on EBay.

You would not be an official beta tester, but you could get the hardware, unless the seller also gave you the beta tester credentials, if that's even possible.

I'm not sure of the legality of re-selling a test box you received for free, I'll let the lawyers argue that one.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 99

HI there I am an official Beta tester My husband has an account and so do I because of our cell phone plans being separate. So we get Direct Tv Now half price. Hoping this doesn't change in the future. I am keeping both boxes and will do all of the Beta questions required like last time...I would be chicken to put it on EBay, ha ha..
Message 47 of 99

OH good Netflix is on it...I thought the second round of Beta testers got an improved remote. That stinks my elderly mom will be using one of the boxes I receive. I'm getting 2 boxes because we are AT&T Customers and we get Direct now half price and in order to get this deal my husband and I had to have different accounts which we already did anyway
Message 48 of 99
Tutor

so I got my box in yesterday.. hooked it up to my new Sony Bravia 75" tv and was an interesting setup.

pair remote, let it do its updates, etc...

once in.. I added Nexflix and Plex apps so I should be golden. I would love to get my hands on the APK as I side loaded NTV Now onto my tv from the google play store and it is not tv friendly as its for touch screen devices..

anyway... Everything seems to work EXCEPT!!! DTV NOW!!!!! I cant get it to run. it starts, buffers, never plays a video.. frustrating.. going to do some more testing tonight. 

Message 49 of 99
ACE - Expert

Basically I have little to trouble with buffering with the BETA or commercial versions of DTVN. Never really understood why do many do have issues. Customer setup or ISP or location? No idea.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 50 of 99
Tutor

this post is about the new android-tv box that is being beta tested..

I have an apple 4k tv box and all works well

I have a Roku Ultra and all works well

so while all of this works, were saying the new beta box with issues...

Message 51 of 99
Contributor

Netflix hulu youtubetv  youtube and many other apps are there  either search for what you want ot chose install all during setup

Message 52 of 99
ACE - Expert

@Riggzie I have the the BETA box and having no issues at all. Just hate the remote and waiting for the new remote to be shipped.

Message 53 of 99
ACE - Sage

@bcbsncjlj wrote:

@Riggzie I have the the BETA box and having no issues at all. Just hate the remote and waiting for the new remote to be shipped.

Got mine this week.  But I missed my Roku.  Big improvement over the one I got with the box. 

5C02CADF-C199-440A-A145-2CA3C16530B4.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 54 of 99
Tutor

its weird... came home today and turned it on.. its working just fine now; however, it isnt as snappy as my apple 4k but im thinking maybe its just me. will be checking it out this weekend...

Message 55 of 99
Tutor

not sure about the toggle volume and channel buttons. feels old..

some cool things on the remote... 

the " ... " button is nice

Message 56 of 99
Teacher

Received a new remote the other day. I stopped testing the unit due to the poor initial remote. I only had a day to test it before I had to leave on a trip but from the few minutes I played with it it’s a big improvement over our initial testing. We may even plug it back into our main tv to do some more testing. I actually like the volume and channel buttons. Having buttons that light up make the remote usable as well. Testing will

start when I return from my trip. Looking forward to see how it works.

Message 57 of 99

You should give it another shot I think it's awesome
Message 58 of 99
Tutor

Wow yes the new remote is a major improvement from the old. I know longer get a hernia of the finger trying to navigate channels. Also changes to buttons, positions of them and type of buttons such as the volume button makes use ever easier at night or when not starring blankly and the remote. Kudos ATT

Mike
Message 59 of 99
Tutor

I really like them because they were different from the rest and easier to find without looking

Mike
Message 60 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support