Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Contributor

Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Is there anyway to volunteer to be a beta tester for the new Directv Now streaming box?  I’ve had Directv for over 20 years and have both Directv and Directv Now, but I never get the opportunity to try out the new products.

Message 1 of 99
Tutor

No problems here…Always been very satisfied their with the streaming in general. Even my son-in-law who’s bandwidth etc is limited is very good

Message 31 of 99
Contributor

I had a wrong email on file due to a typo for my DirecTV Now account since November 2018 (when I signed up). I just updated it to the correct email, but how can I find out if an invite was sent to the incorrect email?

Message 32 of 99

I’ve been attempting to beta test the box since receiving it.  Setup had plenty of hiccups; it initially crashed. Finally got it connected to my WIFI, but it would consistently loose connection.  

I’ve tried multiple times to use.  The best is that it works fine for up to 5 - 10 minutes and then somehow crashes my WIFI network. This happens consistently. I’ve had to discontinue using to avoid this issue. I’ve received no communication from ATT and I even attempted to be proactive to connection with ATT without any luck.  It would be easier for ATT to simply go with a Roku Streamkng Stick

Message 33 of 99

I am a beta tester for the DirecTV now device. I have the original remote which I have problems with. How do I get the updated remote. I would pay for it if I could get it.

Message 34 of 99

How do I get the remote that is pictured. I have the original remote without these updates.

Message 35 of 99
ACE - Master

I'm not sure what picture you are referring to, but as far as I know, they haven't actually released an updated remote at this point.  There are some people that are using the device with a DirecTV remote (or a universal remote programmed to use DirecTV codes).

@STLroadWarrior  - DirecTV Now already runs on Roku.  That doesn't solve the problem they are trying to solve with the Osprey.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 99
Mentor

I was one of the first to get the box and mine came with the remote that was shown on a previous post. Everything works just as good as it does when I use the Apple TV. I have a harmony elite which I haven’t set up to use with this box, and I actually like the remote it came with. Feels really good in the hand. 

Message 37 of 99
Highlighted
Teacher

The remote is just garbage. Try using it at night or in a dark room and you can’t see anything. Very poor design. I was an early beta user but have refused to even test with it as the remote lacks in many ways. If they would send out an updated remote we would begin to test it again. Until than lll continue to use the Apple TV and it’s remote.

Message 38 of 99
Tutor

I can agree the remote is a major difficulty for me. I may not go as far as not using the system because of it, but it is hard to use. I am happy with the performance of the system however, and am still waiting for Netflix as a functional app.
Message 39 of 99
ACE - Sage

I used the box once, hated the remote (I got the yuck version) and the box is limited in apps.  

Love my Roku.

Like the fire stick, I pack it for travel.   

DTVN is on its last month here.  Doing trials of other services.  Can not justify the increase when other services are much cheaper.  The $5 HBO price was a big winner. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 40 of 99
ACE - Master

Personally I can't stand that ATV remote, for several reasons. It can't be used in the dark any more than the beta test device. Too easy to pick up upside down, and "swipe" to me means to steal something.

So I use a Harmony, it works great and even allows me to do things that can't be done with the Apple remote, like see video as I FF or REW.

Message 41 of 99

Can it be use along with my fire stick so I can keep my apps?

Message 42 of 99
Scholar

Yes, it's a separate box, so as long as your tv has enough HDMI inputs you can use this box together with your fire stick on the same tv.

Message 43 of 99

Do you like the new box and remote? I was reading that people didn't like it.
Message 44 of 99
Tutor

I like the box the performance of the system etc. However the remote is a mess. Very difficult to use. Also I’m very happy with the recent addition of new apps to the box. Netflix yea!

Message 45 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support