Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now - ESPN3

Tutor

Directv Now - ESPN3

Through the ESPN app I can get to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNews and ESPNU streams. I cannot get to ESPN3 streams. I get an 0033 error - The customer is not authorized for the content requested. I called ESPN and they said it was a DTVN authentication issue. I called Directv and was told they don't allow streaming of ESPN3. I looked on-line and found posts about users accessing ESPN3 using their DVTN account. Anyone know the real answer? And if ESPN3 is not available, why not? 

Message 1 of 52
ACE - Expert

Re: Directv Now - ESPN3

Same here. Tested with my Spectrum account and it works fine. Seems to be a DTVN issue for sure.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 52
ACE - Expert

Tested with SlingTV and it works also. A DTVN issue for sure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 52
Contributor

Used to be able to ask of last weekend. Watched football games on it. Now it’s gone and it has been removed from their channel list too!

https://www.directvnow.com/channels

Message 4 of 52
Contributor

I’ve had Direct TV Now for several months and I’ve always been able to watch Espn 3 until yesterday. I called Direct TV Now and was told I needed to get online and join a chat or look at the FAQ. This is nuts! You can’t take away coverage without telling your customers. If it’s not solved by Monday, I’ll definitely be canceling my subscription. 

Message 5 of 52
ACE - Expert

Then you should go ahead and cancel now. There is no support located here in these user community forums. Voice your issue to the support rep using the chat. No one can resolve the issue from here.

Message 6 of 52
Contributor

It appears (according to ESPN) DTN has decided to discontinue support for viewing ESPN3 content.  ESPN3 was the ESPN streaming channel, and was generally available to anyone who had a ESPN and ESPN2 access via TV contract.  However, I suspect eventually Disney will consolidate all the on broadcast ESPN's into ESPN+ OTT service. Since my DTN tier did not directly include ESPN3 (lowest tier) I guess all I lost was the complimentary.  Under my old TV plan ESPN3 was the online service open to anyone who also had ESPN or ESPN2 etc on their tier.  At the end of the day money may be the reason for the discontinuation.

EDIT: The problem is related to a network issue and DTN techs are working on it.  If I understand the correctly, they are having some issues with some 3rd party apps and are working to correct the issue.  At that point the ESPN3 authentication issue that is triggering the problem will be addressed.

Message 7 of 52
Teacher

Yup, same problem. Was always able to get ESPN 3. It was REALLY a kick in the tail, having guests over to watch the Appalachian State game today and all we got was error code 33. Would have been nice for D T V N to give us at least a heads up. Not good. Getting more & more disappointed with this service. 

Message 8 of 52
Tutor

any updates. day 6 of this no espn3 and acc network. per espn it told me directv now no longer has a contract to stream espn3 or acc network. per directv now they say tech issue. if not fixed soon they will loose me and many more as other providers are not having problems

Message 9 of 52
ACE - Expert

Nothing announced from DTVN. Not surprised.

Message 10 of 52
Teacher

Now I can't get anything on the FOXTVNOW app!! This is ridiculous.
Message 11 of 52
ACE - Expert

The Fox Now app is working fine for me. Watching live now on Roku.. What device are you using?

Message 12 of 52
Teacher

Just asked chat, and was assured the loss of ESPN3 access is technical and not contractual, and they anticipate a fix shortly.  Said the issue was first noticed the evening of the day before yesterday.  I watched ESPN3 last Monday with no issues, but haven't tried again till today. (GoBig). 

Message 13 of 52
ACE - Expert

When I chatted this afternoon the support rep said he was not aware of any issues with ESPN but he would report it. They will say anything to get you off the chat.

Message 14 of 52
Teacher

Thank you for posting an update; I will not cancel for a few more days if a fix is in the pipeline and actually happens. 

I'm  betting it has to do with the new web pages pass thrus used to verify the account? 

Used to route through a site at "sso-idp.evergent.com" and now it goes from "sp.auth.adobe.com" to DirectvNow Login to "cprodmasx.att.com" to "API.cld.dtvce.com" to authenticate.  Perhaps somewhere in that four page parade, a token is getting lost?

Message 15 of 52
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support