Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now Beta Invite for Roku

Tutor

Directv Now Beta Invite for Roku

Just wondering how to get an invite to test my Roku stick on a different TV of ours?

The Beta I have installed on our main TV with our Amazon Fire Stick (2nd Gen) is working great so far (2 days now) with only a few buffering issues on my 12-14 MB  system speed.

Message 1 of 25
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SteevR62
‎02-15-2018 3:18 PM

Re: Directv Now Beta Invite for Roku

You have to wait for the invite to get the app from the Roku store.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 25
Scholar

Add the beta on the Roku site with this link:   https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=2Q5MG6X

Then update your Roku.   (system update).

I found it buffered just as much...the buffering is a circle instead of a square.

Message 3 of 25
Highlighted
Teacher

I added the DTN Beta channel to my Roku this a.m. via link from my brother& it was working fine....i exited & watched netflix for a bit then came back to watch Beta again & it made me log in again but now saying "hmmmmmm, something went wrong. please try again"

DTN Support not sure whats goin on....

any1 else have issue & able to remedy?

Message 4 of 25
Tutor

I've had the same issue all day.  Keeps telling me to try again.  No luck at all!

Message 5 of 25
Tutor

I received the Beta invite for ROKU and have added the Beta channel but it will not allow me to log on use Directtv Now ID and password.  Tried about 20 times now.

Message 6 of 25
Teacher

glad to hear its not jus me. HOPEFULLY they will get it taken care of. my brother has had no issues.they told me to remove/delete Beta app then download & add back....but i couldnt find channel in the search to add back so i added back from the link (how i first did this a.m.)guess ill jus keep trying to login....will give DTN a few days & ck back in w/them. y'all make sure to open chat & report to them so they will actually get I.T. on it!!
Message 7 of 25
ACE - Master

Are your DirecTV Now login credentials the ones they told you to use with the Roku beta?  Some customers are supposed to use myAT&T credentials or perhaps others - make sure you use the set that the initial email said to use.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 25
Professor

@rcr4554 wrote:

I received the Beta invite for ROKU and have added the Beta channel but it will not allow me to log on use Directtv Now ID and password.  Tried about 20 times now.

Read the email again. It explains the log in process. You do NOT use your DirecTV NOW ID and password.

Message 9 of 25
Contributor

I loaded yesterday and this app has addressed many of the issues we had in our household.  The guide is exactly what we wanted but I do wish it would stay on the favorites vice defaulting back to the all channels (at least during same power cycle).  Would still like to see pause of live TV...  It is a little sluggish but no buffering once running.  We are happy with so far!

Message 10 of 25
Teacher

ok jus logged into mine & IT WORKED !! I've not tried all day but thought I'd give it a try as they said it could take up to 24hrs for it to really be on ur tv.

Now I'm scared to exit it!! lol 

Message 11 of 25
Tutor

When I try to use the beta, it is hours behind. It shows me what was on TV like 2 hours ago and I can't make it live. Anyone else have this issue? 

Message 12 of 25

@Broutman  I have the same issue, live in pacific time yet the beta is central time.

Message 13 of 25
Teacher

I'm in central time zone so ive not had that issue. make sure u report it as it is beta program & they need to know to fix it.
#- Please type your reply above this line -##
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Message 14 of 25
Tutor

I have the same thing, I live in Michigan with EST yet the beta is showing CST time...

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support