Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv NOW not working on Roku

Highlighted
Tutor

Directv NOW not working on Roku

I recently signed up for DTVN.  From my very first log in it said I was locked out so I would have to contact support to have them unlock my account.  This happened every day for 7 days until one agent finally said I should delete that account and start fresh with a new account with new user name and password, which I did.  Since then I have not had any log in issues.  However, now I can not get DTVN to work on my Roku.  When I try to access a channel it says "The content has an issue and can't play. Give it another try or select something else to watch. 10006-008".  This appears on every channel I turn to.  Note: DTVN worked fine with Roku on my original account....that is when I wasn't locked out.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jwnow80
‎12-15-2018 7:54 AM

Re: Directv NOW not working on Roku

Your Roku may have stored the credentials for your old account. Try deleting the app and re-installing.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

So I deleted the Roku app from my phone and the DTVN app from Roku and reinstalled them.  Im back in business.  Thank you. 

Message 3 of 7

This solution did not work for me and my roku.  My issue is still unresolved.  Only, my error message says "Not Quite Ready Yet-We're happy you want to try our new app but it needs a few more tweaks before it's ready for you. Please check back later." That has been the same message for a week now.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

Have you tried to install the app on your phone to see if it works there? If you get the same error that would indicate an issue with your account/id.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

I have always assumed (probably wrongly) that this meant the backend was setting up the account.

Should be a matter of minutes, but if a glitch is encountered, say running out of some resource, this sort of thing could happen.

Have you reported the issue to chat support?

Message 6 of 7

I believe there may be multiple issues at play here. First, there is
a distinct difference between the Direct TV app and the Directtv NOW
app. Secondly, apparently there are different account IDs that should
be addressed. Finally, this is a return to AT&T now merged with
Direct TV so now there are multiple accounts involved. I appreciate
you taking some time to address this issue, but I think it will be a
matter of customer service representatives reconciling the old with
the new.

Thank you anyway
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support