Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv NOW DVR update Roku

Directv NOW DVR update Roku

DTV Now does not load since DVR Update today.  I have removed the Roku device, powered down, deleted DTV NOW app and reloaded.  I am completely disgusted with DTV NOW!  If it is not one thing, it is another...

Message 1 of 42
Mentor

Re: Directv NOW DVR update Roku

I am afraid to try.The old app is still working.If you can`t revert back to 1.0 then I`ll never try it.

Message 2 of 42
Mentor

Absolute DISASTER Now unable to Login and watch TV using ROKU !!!

Message 3 of 42
ACE - Master

My Roku 3 updated, and seems to be running fine. Still waiting to see what my Roku 4 does.

The initial start took quite a while, maybe 30 seconds or so after entering my credentials, but after that it seems to be loading at a similar speed to my ATVs.

Interesting I had to enter credentials, the ATV update just migrated the info from the old app.

Try it again and give it a long while and see what happens. I had almost given up myself when it popped up and ran.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 42
ACE - Master

I risked it on one of my 2 Rokus, seems to be working OK so far.

Version 1.x will probably not run when they shut down the old backend, so staying with 1.x might not work for long.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 42
Guru

It's working fine for me too. I also had to re-enter my credentials. It only took a few seconds to load up on my Roku streaming stick...the free one I received from DTVN. Of course I haven't tried the DVR yet but surprisingly my favorites were carried over. And I have all my proper locals. 

Message 6 of 42
ACE - Master

Having your proper locals on a device without location services is either a happy coincidence or they have finally got a handle on the locals problems. I also have my proper locals, which in my case is none. 😞

Message 7 of 42
Contributor

Do I need to uninstall the old app and reinstall it on the roku or will it just update on it's own like it did on my firestick?

Message 8 of 42
ACE - Expert

Mine just updated to the new one. But if you have the beta installed you need to delete it first.

Message 9 of 42
Professor

Mine updated on its own and i still have the beta installed. You can delete the regular app and reinstall it to force the update and it should work. If not then delete the beta and retry. 

Message 10 of 42
ACE - Professor

Updated all 3 of my Roku devices(each is a different device) and no problems at all.

Haven’t tried recording anything yet but I watched a recording that was scheduled thru my Apple TV.

Message 11 of 42
ACE - Expert

Glad they spent the effort to make sure the Roku app was acceptable compared to the other releases.

Message 12 of 42
Guru

I forced the update on my Roku. And you don't need to delete the beta.

Message 13 of 42
ACE - Master

My Roku 3 updated itself automatically. My Roku 4 has not done so, even when I forced a system update, which will usually update any apps with updates pending. It might upgrade itself in time, I'm not going to delete and reinstall until I have given it more time on the 3.

It's real obvious the Roku 3 does not have the horsepower of the ATV4K, slower in general, but that's to be expected.

Message 14 of 42
Tutor

This thing is terrible, now my locals are gone on the Roku, i can see them on the What's on Now but nothing happens when i try to select them and they don't show in the guide, I can't scroll to them either.

My IP has not changed and still shows in my right location. Yes, I have verified that I should get locals, I am one of the people who live in a zip code that crosses counties, some get locals some don't, I should. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It works correctly on my firestick but not this. I have given the benefit of the doubt this long, but I think I'm done.

Message 15 of 42
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support