Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV Now Streaming Issues for Over 4 Hours

Direct TV Now Streaming Issues for Over 4 Hours

Currently my DIRECTV NOW account does not work. I keep getting the error message 50001 Dash 001. I have been waiting for help via the chat system for over an hour. This issue with being unable to view content has been an issue since zero 800 this morning and now it is almost 1200. So in essence I have been without service for four hours and counting. I have been with DIRECTV for over 10 years.   I do not feel like I am being treated as a valued customer. I would like the time that I have been without service compensated via my next billing cycle. Meaning I want the hours that I’ve been without service to be deducted from my overall billing statement. I want DIRECTV now to ensure that this does not happen again.   I would also like DIRECTV NOW to establish a customer service number that can assist individuals who are not savvy with the Internet or do you not want to have to wait for hours and hours on end for a chat response. I will use other avenues via Facebook  and Twitter which  my friends and family members have many followers to post how horrible the service has been with your company if this is not resolved in an  appropriate manner.  I am giving you guys an opportunity to fix your wrongs .

v/r,

Message 92 of 250
ACE - Expert

Re: Help

OK. So what device are you using and do you receive any errors or messages? Just what is happening?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 226 of 250
Tutor

Re: Unable to access service

The design of the ATT Directvnow website to insulate the support organizations (except for sales and billing) from the customer will be your undoing. I get your drive to eliminate phone tech support expenses and boost profits to perhaps drop prices. Hiding behind endless automated voice menus with under staffed teams also can have a negative effect on customer satisfaction. But the FAQ ruse is next to useless. The non-functioning tech support chat is a joke. The inability of your app to admit/report to users you have a network problem causes a lot of user frustration trying to determine the problem on their own. If you can’t improve the service and keep raising prices, I will move on to on demand only with the few channels I frequently watch, eliminating you the bundling middle man. Better fund a customer retention team.
ATT retiree that knows the value of service

Message 227 of 250

I'm using a FireStick... Been working although not great.  Live channels stutter at times, but from yesterday and today horrible and now no service.  

Message 228 of 250
ACE - Expert

Force stop the app. Then delete the cache and data from the app. Try again.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 229 of 250

I've rebooted by router, TV, and FireStick... Seems to be working now. Not sure if because I rebooted or service just returned but it's working.
I don't find the interface easy and using features like recording and OnDemand seem difficult.... Hoping I just need to get use to the change.
Is there an easy cheat sheet somewhere for basic functions?
Thanx for your help and talking me off the ledge.... Why isn't AT&T or DirectTV available to do that and what about posting service outages?
Thanx again, Barry
Message 230 of 250
ACE - Expert

DirecTV Now and DirecTV are 2 separate services with their own support models. Change is always difficult when you been use to another service. It's streaming not cable. there are trade offs. Lots of good information located in the Help Center. Just need to spend some time reading articles.

Message 231 of 250

Thank you for everything... You've been great.  

BTW, now that I have service again I'm looking for the History Channel... I thought that was a part of the offering?  Am I crazy??    

Message 232 of 250
ACE - Expert

What packaged do you have? The PLUS and MAX packages do not include the History Channel. Go here to see channel listings by package.

Message 233 of 250

Wow.... I've never seen most of these packages, only the Plus and Max were presented with options for add-ons; I have the Plus. I'm pretty sure when I did my research the History Channel and maybe some others were part of it.... did something change?
Message 234 of 250
ACE - Expert

The old packages were eliminated and newer more pricey ones were created. I believe at the signup there was an option to pick "other options" where these options were available. Go here

Message 235 of 250
ACE - Expert

Also go here and page down to other offerings from DirecTV Now.

Message 236 of 250
ACE - Expert

You can also get a free Apple TV if you prepay for 4 months.

Message 237 of 250

Are they offering any type of subscription credit? I lost time in service and waisted time & aggrevation trouble shooting and for a new user, not a good start ... Do they do anything?
Message 238 of 250
ACE - Expert

Not officially. I heard that some are getting $10 credit for up to 3 months if you complain and stress frustrations from the loss of service yesterday. Just keep pressing the issue and threaten to quit is best. You will have to go the the chat and support and discuss with a support agent. There is no guarantee that you will get anywhere.

Message 239 of 250
Contributor

Re: seeker52

system is not streaming again 5/12/2019
Message 240 of 250
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support