Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DTVN Needs To Update Their List Of Network Apps

Highlighted
Scholar

DTVN Needs To Update Their List Of Network Apps

I can now sign-in to the NFL app on my Roku 3 using my DTVN credentials. However, The NFL app is not listed in the Authorized Network Apps for dtvn. I tried a couple other network apps not listed but no luck yet. I hope dtvn adds fox news, discovery and tnt network apps soon.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: DTVN Needs To Update Their List Of Network Apps

They don't seem to keep the app listing very up to date.

For example, Sundance is still listed as "web only", but I have been able to log in with my ATVs for weeks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

The premiums (hbo, showtime) work but no starz for some reason, so they dont get my $$ on that, I subscribe directly for $1 more.   Biggest failure is on the Discovery channels, including id and science.  Now they do sell disc  science as a pay stand alone at ~$3/month or $20/yr.  But the app is so good it's a real loss.  If any other streaming service had all my locals but not science chan. I'd be dropping and going to it, but as of now nobody does and I'm 100+ miles from my dma hub.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

A Starz subscription from DTVN does not include app access.

You can purchase a subscription directly from Starz for $1 more than the DTVN cost. Not sure what it includes.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

Includes access to the app, just as if you subscribed to cable or sat.  Dtvn is simply lazy in getting the channels up to snuff on the apps (they need to be harassing these channels to get on the ball).  Then again, 40 yrs of managing programmers has led me to know they are the lowest form of life on the planet so it will happen when they get around to it.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by BoardmanBear
‎08-10-2018 6:34 PM

I may not have been clear. A Starz subscription from DTVN is not *supposed* to include app access. It's not listed as supported, though the other premium channels are, with a disclaimer that you must subscribe.

Since nothing on Starz is "live" (in the original sense), app access should give you anything you'd see "live", at least eventually.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support