Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DTV Now $35 Intro Offer

Highlighted
Teacher

DTV Now $35 Intro Offer

I have a problem.

I will likely go with DirecTV Now when my DTV satellite service contract is up in June, 2017.  But then I will miss out on the $35 Introduction Offer for early subscribers (The $60 package for $35).  Will DTV allow me to cancel my satellite service in order to take advantage of this offer?

I'm sad and frustrated over this.  If I didn't have my satellite service I'd sign up for DTV Now in a heartbeat but I can't because of my contract... and I don't want to pay for both for the next 7 months.

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by david3456
‎11-29-2016 12:36 PM

Re: DTV Now $35 Intro Offer

You would have to pay the ETF to get out of your satellite contract.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Scholar

I haven't seen the complete line up yet but for $35 a month. And you will have that price for as long as you stay with it. I'll pay off Directv which is $180 early termation. It will average out down the line. But I have to see the line up first. I also have to find out about local channels and what to do about that???

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Sage

@wdsteve  I would guess the line up will be the same as your current Direct TV.  I'm at a disadvantage as I am still using Cox basic.  

Local channels are probably more like "local" channels.   When I did have a dish, the Connecticut  "local" channels were Boston, New York and Washington.  That was a few years ago, I hope it's improved.  

Not sure I care.  I can stream local channels online.  

Ive been using very basic TV and streaming for almost 3 years.  I was streaming to some degree for 5 or 6 years.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

I just found out I get local channels which is a big plus. Now I just have to wait till the 30th to see if the channels I get will be worth it...

Message 5 of 6
Teacher

Here is what I found... it's a list of the Channels in each Tier (couldn't figure out how to insert a photo but this link is to my Google Doc folder/"Channel Lineup"):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-c87BBrbhQQdG5CX1ZUaG5UZW8/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support