Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

We’ve been looking forward to telling you about the new TV experience - and here's what you need to know.

SO WHAT’S DIFFERENT

• True Cloud DVR (BETA).
    • Every package automatically gets 20 Hours of free recording storage.
    • You can also skip quickly through commercials with your next generation digital recorder.
    • Functions may be limited in beta. Compatible device required. Not available for select channels. Data connection required. Recordings expire after 30 days.
    • If you’re coming up on your 20 hours limit, you will be notified. If you exceed, the first recorded program listed will be removed to make room for the newest one.
    • How to manage recordings with True Cloud DVR
  • Streaming, Plus One.
    • You now have the option to add a third stream to your account for $5 a month, so three people can be logged in and stream all at once.
    • Keep in mind that streaming a recorded program, VOD, and third party apps also counts as a stream.
    • How to upgrade your plan
  • Extra Sweet Stuff.
    • Travel with your Locals – granted the local is also available in the market you’re traveling to, you can now stream your local channels when you travel.
    • Less Searching, More Streaming – find favorite shows and movies faster with customizable search.
    • Entertainment, Uninterrupted – you’ll never miss a beat with our new layout, because your stream will be playing in the background, or on a pop-up.

Stay tuned for more good news!

- DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 323
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

In California...this hunk of junk has me in Seattle...with so many folks experiencing the same "not my location" issue why don't you roll back or give us that option...

Message 301 of 323
Scholar

I can't even access the guide at all. Been going on for a week. I have to search a network then scroll with the arrows. I'm into a show on Lifetime and when the season is over I will cancel DTVN. I like Bravo as well and I can't find a streaming service that currently has both networks. I don't really have much of a choice in canceling since it's gotten worse. 

Message 302 of 323
Contributor

When will the issues be fixed. Very frustrating!

Message 303 of 323
Scholar

I don't think they ever will be. It's gone from bad to worse in the last four weeks.
Message 304 of 323
Contributor

No, actually there is nothing to like about this horrific app. The only good news I want is that you have a new overhaul update in the next two weeks or you will lose another customer. I can imagine you have lost a ton already. Get your crap together.

Message 305 of 323
Guru

No one here cares if you or anyone else cancels. Contact chat and tell them. 

Message 306 of 323
Scholar

Unfortunately they don't read these posts. It's for customers to trade tips and gripes. They don't have much longer with me either.
Message 307 of 323
Scholar

Wow
Message 308 of 323
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 times great gazoo...this is also a waste of my time...L8

Message 309 of 323
Tutor

Most ch.on dt now are 5.1 audio you need to plug your fire stick or roku in to the HDMI on a avr then the out HDMI to tv. some of the newer tv have a HDMI out most don't. 

Message 310 of 323
Tutor

Was there a new update on around June 26th? Since then, DTVNOW crashes on my Roku about every 30 minutes. Support was no help. Getting ready to cancel.

Message 311 of 323
Tutor

The "new experience" is that it is crashed and not working.  Great update!

Message 312 of 323
Tutor

DTVN--update finally started to work after reloading for about 30minutes.

Message 313 of 323
Scholar

Has the website gotten any better? I really wished this had worked for me because they have the best channel lineup.

Message 314 of 323
Mentor

Actually I don’t want to jinx it, but DTVN has been pretty good on ROKU, AppleTV and IPad.  Except for the occasional random hang/rewind of recordings, I can’t really complain.  I know, I know, I just ruined it and it’ll go to heck in a hand basket now.  🙄

Message 315 of 323
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support