Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

We’ve been looking forward to telling you about the new TV experience - and here's what you need to know.

SO WHAT’S DIFFERENT

• True Cloud DVR (BETA).
    • Every package automatically gets 20 Hours of free recording storage.
    • You can also skip quickly through commercials with your next generation digital recorder.
    • Functions may be limited in beta. Compatible device required. Not available for select channels. Data connection required. Recordings expire after 30 days.
    • If you’re coming up on your 20 hours limit, you will be notified. If you exceed, the first recorded program listed will be removed to make room for the newest one.
    • How to manage recordings with True Cloud DVR
  • Streaming, Plus One.
    • You now have the option to add a third stream to your account for $5 a month, so three people can be logged in and stream all at once.
    • Keep in mind that streaming a recorded program, VOD, and third party apps also counts as a stream.
    • How to upgrade your plan
  • Extra Sweet Stuff.
    • Travel with your Locals – granted the local is also available in the market you’re traveling to, you can now stream your local channels when you travel.
    • Less Searching, More Streaming – find favorite shows and movies faster with customizable search.
    • Entertainment, Uninterrupted – you’ll never miss a beat with our new layout, because your stream will be playing in the background, or on a pop-up.

Stay tuned for more good news!

- DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 323
Scholar

Re: DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

I think it's dtvn. They have several issues.

Message 286 of 323
Mentor

Well, DVR Cloud for Roku dropped yesterday...and...wait for it...it’s a bust.  I tried watching 2 different recordings on 2 different TVs, with 2 different models of Roku.  The recording repeatedly crashed back to Roku home page after about 3-4 minutes.  Uh oh.  Works on AppleTV 4.  Did it work for anyone on Roku? Maybe tomorrow. 

Message 287 of 323
Mentor

And now I get message saying the owner of this program does not allow access from this location when I try to watch a recording or a live show on the DTVN guide from my iPad. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!  What’s next! How about some testing people.

Message 288 of 323
Mentor

Eh, now I've lost all my local channels again. I'm in Kansas and it thinks
I'm in Ohio.
One word review: trash
Message 289 of 323
Scholar

Portland but in Chicago here.
Message 290 of 323

hey dont laugh. i owned a big ampex reel tape recorder. way back when'''

Message 291 of 323
Mentor

Please fix DirecTVWas to DirecTVNow .. on June 7th all morning long from midnight till 6am and beyond can't watch any live channels, just keep getting error message 50001-100 and yes Uninstalled and reinstalled the app 5 times, have great Internet connection yet still can't watch live TV...  too much inconveniece lately, I'm probably canceling next month. Thanks.

Message 292 of 323
Mentor

The error code is 30001-015 and it’s still happening. 

Message 293 of 323
Mentor

I think this is the same error I’m getting. 30001-015. But it’s not just local channels.  The message is “This program is not available in your current location”. But it only happens on my iPad. 

Message 294 of 323
Teacher

this whole service is beta,time to move on.

Message 295 of 323
Scholar

I still couldn't use the guide this morning.
Message 296 of 323
Teacher

Woke up this morning, no more Audience Network. I am in NC and my Directv Now thinks I'm in Conn. 

Message 297 of 323
Scholar

Mine thinks I'm in Portland but I'm in Chicago.

Message 298 of 323
Contributor

Unreliable so far.   Beta is fitting in the description.  Check out the Directv Now is down posting.  Quite popular.

Message 299 of 323
Scholar

The website has been down all night. I finally got the app to work. 
Message 300 of 323
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support