Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW New Spanish Language Package and Bolt-ons

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW New Spanish Language Package and Bolt-ons

Effective June 19th, 2018, DIRECTV NOW offers Spanish Language Package and Bolt-ons. Here's more information on how to upgrade and modify your DIRECTV NOW channel plans.

Base Package

Todo y Más: $45/month

• It includes 50+ Spanish language channels and 40+ English channels.
    Todos y Mas.png

Channel Bolt-ons

DIRECTV NOW Español: $10/month

• Including 50+ Spanish language channels
  • Univision, DiscoveryChannel en Español, Estrella TV, Cinelatino
  • Stream your favorite novelas, movies and more - all in Spanish!

DIRECTV NOW Deportes: $5/month

• beIN SPORTS en Español, Univision Deportes, FOX Deportes, ESPN Deportes
  • Catch every play with our Spanish-language sports package!
    Deportes.png

***Note: The channels in DIRECTV NOW Deportes are also in DIRECTV NOW Español so you cannot add both bolt-ons to your account. Also, the channels available in both bolt-ons are also included in Todo y Más so if you get that base package, you cannot add the Spanish language bolt-ons to it.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 24
Voyager

Re: DIRECTV NOW New Spanish Language Package and Bolt-ons

That's what I thought because that's what is on the directvnow blog site. Thank you @carincon

Message 16 of 24
Tutor

@carincon Can you specify which channels are in SD and HD? You would think that with streaming (less bandwidth use than the traditional way?) they could offer more of the spanish channels in HD, but looks like they're mirroring the quality that they offer when one has regular DirecTV.

Message 17 of 24
Tutor

I do not have access to the Spanish channels from the guide. An example of a channel streaming in SD is CNN en Español.

Message 18 of 24
Tutor

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I know Nat Geo is definitely offered in HD, so is GolTV. Telefe sometimes has the HD symbol when looking at programming and the guide. If the streaming package is just gonna mirror the same quality as with the traditional package, then that's very few HD channels.

Message 19 of 24
Tutor

Juanma:

Are you able to access the Spanish channels from the guide?
Message 20 of 24
Tutor

I don't have DirecTV Now, but I was thinking about switching to streaming from traditional DirecTV. I thought more of the spanish channels would be offered in HD under streaming, but if it's gonna be exactly the same I'll look at the other streaming services or just stay put.

Message 21 of 24
ACE - Master

You make me laugh. I recall the days when it took a 30 meter (licensed) dish and a parametric amplifier to receive anything from a satellite. DBS was literally pie in the sky, at best a forlorn hope.

And now it's "Traditional". What a world!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 24
Contributor

I added the Deportes option to my current Go Big package. All the Deportes channels worked fine on the Directvnow apps, but when trying to access Fox Deportes through the Fox Sports Now app and ESPN Deportes through the Watch ESPN Now app I got a message saying "You're not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider". 

Message 23 of 24
Mentor

Did you find a way to fix this issue on ESPN and Fox 3rd party apps?

Because the same issue is happening to me....

I'm currently suscribed to Gotta Have It package and added the Español Now options which supossedly includes the Deportes Now channels but when I try to watch ESPN Deportes on the Watch ESPN app I just keeping getting the same message:

"You're not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider"

I tried several times to contact support center through live chat and none representative have been able to help me to fix this issue so I got cancelled the Español Now package on my next billing date and will try to activate the Deportes Now package first to check if this could fix the Watch ESPN and Fox Sports Now apps issue...

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support