Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DIRECTV NOW Error Codes

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW Error Codes

For the new DIRECTV NOW TV Experience, go here for updated Error Message details and troubleshooting.

Error Code Title.jpg

The below explain DIRECTV NOW error messages and the troubleshooting steps to correct them.

Error Message 10: No Connection

When streaming DIRECTV NOW® from a mobile device, you may occasionally experience issues with your connection.  Oftentimes, this can be fixed by powering your device down and restarting.  See Network Connections for streaming recommendations. 

Additional tips:

Restart your Wi-Fi network

Before restarting your home network, turn off any mobile or set-top device experiencing connection issues. Once the home network has been restarted, power can be restored to these devices.

• Remove power from your modem and wait 30 seconds before turning back on. If you have a separate router device, restart it as well.
  • Plug your modem (and router if you have one) back in. Allow your devices to connect with your network. If there are any error lights or you do not connect, contact your Internet Service Provider.
  • Once the modem/router is online again, launch DIRECTV NOW.

Connect other devices

If you have other devices that connect to the Internet, test them to ensure your connectivity to the Internet. If they do not connect, please contact your Internet Service Provider.

Optimize your Wi-Fi signal

If your streaming device connects to the Internet using a Wi-Fi connection, the following steps may improve your connection:

• Move your wireless modem/router to a central location in your home. This should provide a better connection. Do not place these devices on the floor and try to keep them elevated.
  • Avoid any placing your modem/router near any unrelated electronics, including stereos, speakers or telephone equipment. Interference from other electronic devices may interrupt signal.
  • Assess the number of devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. Remember, each device consumes bandwidth. 

If you're still experiencing trouble, please contact your Internet service provider.

Error Message 20: Login Error

This means that the DIRECTV NOW® email address and/or password was entered incorrectly.

• Ensure you are using the email address associated with your DIRECTV NOW account.
  • Enter your password.  If you've forgotten your password, select Forgot Passwordand an email will be sent to the account holder with reset instructions.

The password reset link included in the email will remain active for 24 hours.  If that time has passed, please follow the instructions above to have another password retrieval email sent to the account holder.

If you've forgotten the email address associated with your account, select the Chat link (available 24/7) at the bottom of this page for assistance. 

Error Message 30: Service Error

We may be experiencing service related problems on our end.  If so, we'll work to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.  We apologize for any inconvenience!

For now, try the following tips which may also assist:

• Restart your device/player.
  • Force close and restart the DIRECTV NOW®
  • Check for DIRECTV NOW app updates in your software store.
  • Uninstall/reinstall DIRECTV NOW app.
  • Look for device software updates in your software store.

Error Message 40: Video Error

This message indicates trouble while loading video content. We are likely experiencing a temporary delay in data transmission and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

For now, try the following tips which may also assist:

• Restart your device/player.
  • Force close and restart the DIRECTV NOW®
  • Check for DIRECTV NOW app updates in your software store.
  • Uninstall/reinstall DIRECTV NOW app.
  • Look for device software updates in your software store.

Error Message 50: Location Services Are Off

Your device's "Location Services" may be turned off.  To update:

1. Go to Settings on your device.
  2. Enable Location Services.
  3. Try again to identify your location using the DIRECTV NOW app.

Error Message 60: Too Many Streams

You have reached the limit of playable devices for your subscription.  Currently, you can stream content simultaneously on up to two devices with DIRECTV NOW®.

An additional subscription is required if you need more than two simultaneous streams.

Error Message 70: Blackout

If a game is blacked out from certain channels or subscription packages, you may be able to see it on another channel or on a local broadcast channel, if available in your area.

How do blackouts work?

Sports blackouts are controlled by the leagues, associations and networks that purchase the rights to broadcast individual games. This is also in conjunction with local teams. For example, our agreements with sport leagues and associations restrict us from airing events near where a game is locally broadcast. In other cases, national networks like ESPN and TNT retain exclusive distribution rights to an event.

If a national network has the national rights to broadcast a sports game, DIRECTV NOW customers who live in the home team's area may not be able to watch with their DIRECTV NOW subscription. If a network that DIRECTV NOW carries has national rights to broadcast a game, it will be available on those channels.

Regional sports networks do not obtain national broadcast rights for professional sports.

Important information about blackouts

Channel line-ups are based on the account holder’s billing address and determined by zip code.

Viewing is based on physical location and broadcast market at the time you're watching.

Teams, events, and programs not distributed locally are subject to a blackout.

Types of Blackouts

Error Messages 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85: Action Failed

If you see an “Action Failed” error message, it is likely associated with one of the following tasks:

• Error Code 80: Saving a Favorite channel
  • Error Code 81: Adding a show to a Watchlist
  • Error Code 82: Displaying the Show Details screen
  • Error Code 83: Entering the Guide screen
  • Error Code 84: Selecting Show All Content
  • Error Code 85: Searching for content

These errors should be rare and normal functionality should resume quickly.  If the error message continues to appear, please close out of the DIRECTV NOW app and relaunch it.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Error Message 90: Rental

If you see error message 90 after purchase of a Video On Demand rental, sign in to your DIRECTV NOW account to check availability of the title and start time, if applicable.

Apple iOS:
In order to rent the desired show, sign in to your DIRECTV NOW online account for more info.

Non-iOS:
To rent the desired show, go to directvnow.com/ppv and sign in to your online account.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 30
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTTVNOWHelp
‎06-18-2018 8:33 AM

Learn more here about DIRECTV NOW Error Codes.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 30

"Helpful" is a matter of opinion and the true opinions are the ones given by those that were 'help'ed or not helped. And the latter is majority unfortunately. This was not well-thought out. Give us that.

Message 3 of 30
Tutor

please explain why I am getting error 70 code for AHC (american heroes channel)....this is a documentary channel not a sporting event...why is a channel that shows world war two documentaries being blacked out when I should be getting the channel.....there is no way to contact anyone in customer service via chat about this issue...

Message 4 of 30
Highlighted
Tutor

The support is terrible. I dont think they knew it was going to be this bad during launch. I ended up keeping my directv service after all these problems. I was calling to cancel this morning . I actually made a really good deal this morning. The loyalist group was reallly nice and gave me a heads up he said the dvr function isnt coming any time soon to directv now. So for what its worth..

Message 5 of 30
Tutor

Where is fix for error QP1502?
Message 6 of 30
Tutor

a lot of people got their apple tv this week and have been trying out the service. We are now finding that viewing Fox NFL games on a HDTV hooked up the the apple tv gives error codes of a blackout! This is unacceptable. You need to fix this as it is not a mobile device but supposed to be replacing our set box tv tuner. If you do not want to see a lot of drop outs after the 3 months, I would ensure this gets fixed asap.

Message 7 of 30
Teacher

Terrible

Wow, what a let down. I was so looking forward to the launch of this service. I was hoping to replace cable with this service, but that is not in the cards. The live streaming is full of glitches, hanging, and error messages. The on demand content is lacking, to say the least. I should have prviewed before signing up. Now I'm on the hook for three months and they won't let me cancel even though I was in the first week trial period. What a shame. Consider me cancelled. 

Message 8 of 30

The video with Directv now is very lagging and se ems shaky when watching. I updated my internet speed to 24 mbps at the suggestion of the at&t rentention department when I was gonna cancel because I was gonna get comcast internet. Any suggestion on why it would be so laggy/shaky?

Message 9 of 30
Tutor

I have been getting "Error Message 60: Too Many Streams" while watching movies. There is no 2nd streaming at all. Does anyone encounter similar situation?

Message 10 of 30
Mentor

I've been getting error code QP 1402 or 1:02 when I am trying to watch on-demand show Kingdom on the DirecTV now on channel Audience Network. This has happened for days on Apple TV, a web browser on two different browsers, and on and Android app. It just says the channel is not in your package, when it obviously is. Also having problems with the program just keeps stopping despite a internet connection of 30 megabytes per second and it will not give a specific error message always but just say please be patient we're having trouble loading. And sometimes when you exit and then tried to get back into it, if it's on the on demand program it will not go back to where you started. Also often this account won't sync between devices

How many more times should I delete the app and reinstall it on all devices. Especially since that has never solved any issue. The on-demand offerings in the lack of login on specific Network apps that work better than Directv now right now is also frustrating. The CEO of Sling TV tweets me every single day and Comcast is already calling to try to get my business back since I have to pay them for internet anyway
Message 11 of 30
Teacher

This doesn't not have error QP1502 which I have had since launch, and I have messaged you everyday about. 

Message 12 of 30
Mentor

There are many more 1501 /1502/..Gotten one that like six to eight digits but can't remember it now. Also ton of buffering, esp on the Apple TV. Picture freezing. Loss of volume. There have been several on demand shows & movies that haven't been able to watch because the constant freezing. I have an Android phone with a Chromecast & the Apple TV so can compare. Extremely disappointed. Feels like Att wanted people to prepay because they knew the product wasn't up to speed. Support sometimes blames Internet speeds but the other streaming apps work fine. Today, I had one channel that just wouldn't play on Apple TV (error 1501or 02-get them so often can't keep track) but would play on Android. But often there are Chromecast loading errors too. (Not an error code but the On Demand is a joke. Many shows are missing & episodes can be 2 months old). So I guess they want you to get an antenna for local channels and Hulu for On Demand in addition to Directv Now. Cable will eventually be cheaper.
Tags (2)
Message 13 of 30
Tutor

I think DirectTV Now service is not really ready for customers. I'm having a real bad experience and support is non existent. The serivce does not work reliably and there is no way to get refund or partial credit. The dreaded 1502 error comes up every few minutes. I get this error consistently on Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV.

Message 14 of 30
Mentor

Everyone needs to call their credit card company. Already this morning,
I've gotten QP1004006 when trying to watch live TV & numerous QP1502 when
trying to watch On Demand. Then it constantly freezes.
Half the shows I click on in the dismal On Demand listings are totally
blank. And aside from ABC, there are no app log ins so you can't even watch
there. The reps tell you to DM & then ignore you. They seem to want
complaints off public Twitter so people don't get scared off. The second
you say something critical =like demanding a refund), they start ignoring
you. This is the WORST experience.
Message 15 of 30
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support