Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW DVR for Roku Streaming Devices

Tutor

DIRECTV NOW DVR for Roku Streaming Devices

What is the current update on the availability of DIRECTV NOW DVR App for Roku Streaming Devices? When can I expect an upgrade? I’ve been waiting much too long & have to decide if I will stick with DVTN or switch to another provider with DVR feature.

Message 1 of 36

Re: DIRECTV NOW DVR for Roku Streaming Devices

What do I need to do to sync the accounts and which accounts am I supposed to sync?
Message 31 of 36
Scholar

There was an email sent to all subscribers in mid May. Go to my accounts/settings.

Message 32 of 36
Tutor

Are you using a Roku steaming stick/device? If so, Try resetting your system as follows: From home screen go to settings, then scroll down to system, then go over and scroll down to system restart and follow the directions. You will probably need to sign in again with the email used when you established your DirecTV Now account and the password you used. Chat was able to walk me through this when I was completely without any shows and it worked for me. I can't guarantee it will work for you but might be worth a try. You decide. Good luck.
Message 33 of 36

Chat had us do this a month ago and had us check with our internet provider to make sure our ip was in this area which it was. First it was the wrong news stations and now it is no abc, cbs, or nbc so why am I even paying directv? I signed up for Hulu today and will be cancelling my directv this week. At least Hulu. Cares about their customers enough to have phone support in the USA.
Message 34 of 36
Mentor

The App provided by DTVN for Roku TVs is awfully slow. It takes time to activate, to display content, to show guide, to show selected channel to allow change of channel. It ignores favorite channels and it always defaults to all channels. Scrolling is slow. The same TVs have no issues with other Apps. DTVN has been informed since February 2018 and seven months later has done nothing about it. By comparison the App provide to the Apple store and used with Apple TV is much more responsive. I have not tested Amazon Fire Tv. 

Message 35 of 36
Mentor

What you have said concerning the Roku app,is 100% what I experience everyday. User since Dec.`2016. I`m a glutton for punishment.Man Frustrated

Message 36 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support