Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DIRECTV NOW DVR for Roku Streaming Devices

Tutor

DIRECTV NOW DVR for Roku Streaming Devices

What is the current update on the availability of DIRECTV NOW DVR App for Roku Streaming Devices? When can I expect an upgrade? I’ve been waiting much too long & have to decide if I will stick with DVTN or switch to another provider with DVR feature.

Message 1 of 36

All the update did for me was cause more buffering and sometimes says It lost Internet connection. takes a while for the guide to show up if you're scrolling through it fast. I thought the new layout would use less bandwidth, but seems like I have to use more Internet to stream than before. 

Message 16 of 36

All the update did for me was cause more buffering and sometimes says It lost Internet connection. takes a while for the guide to show up if you're scrolling through it fast. I thought the new layout would use less bandwidth, but seems like I have to use more Internet to stream than before. 

Message 17 of 36
Contributor

Guide doesn’t work. Menus don’t work. Can’t change channels with left/right arrows. I’m basically paying for one channel right now. Using a 4210.

Message 18 of 36

I thought the same thing, but this is where directv now help from twitter sent me lol. The chat was of no help either, just gave me a $5 credit and said bye.

Message 19 of 36
ACE - Expert

So support sent you to a user community forum for assistance? Wonderful. That person needs to be fired!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 36

Yes, I went to complain and sent me this link saying they could better help
with my problem. I just wanted a refund.
Message 21 of 36
ACE - Expert

Really funny.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 36

Be careful..when my 2 tv's were upgraded to directvnow with cloud dvr, my Fort Myers, FL channels switched to Philadelphia, PA channels.  I could not longer watch my local news.

Message 23 of 36

I agree.  Our smart TV and our ROKU TV both started having streaming problems with the new update

Message 24 of 36
Scholar

DTVN is working great on my eathernet tethered roku 3 with 15 mbps speed.

Message 25 of 36
Contributor

I had the same problems, but they do not admit they have a problem.  I solved the problem canceled my account and now I am  o Hulu.  

Message 26 of 36

I am an ATT landline, wireless, internet, Uverse, DirecTV and DirecTV Now customer.  ATT makes it impossible to login.  They reject my user ID and password because they say it is incorrect or my all access info doesn't work.  I will leave ATT as soon as I can.  In addition, the customer support is non existent.

Message 27 of 36
Highlighted
Scholar

Did you sync your dtvn and att accounts? If not, you have to do that and sign in with your att user ID and new password after the accounts are synced. Im using a roku 3 and totally agree that dtvn is far superior in pic quality and functionality. I was a PS Vue subscriber for a year and a half then jumped to DTVN late last year and never looked back.
Message 28 of 36
Tutor

I've had issues with my password related to MyAT&T and DirecTV Now however my chat agent was able to straighten everything out. Try Chat if you haven't already done so.
Message 29 of 36

Chat was worthless I did 2 times with 2 different people. It took a total of an hour and a half of my time and I still have my problem unresolved. If you read the att forum for ‘lost my local channels” you will see that this is not an isolated problem , it effects a lot of people. The problem for everyone effected by it occurred when you upgrade to the cloud DVR version of DTVN. It is imbedded in the software. Our internet provider confirmed our location is set correctly. It shows correctly on our settings on our tv and yet we live in fort Myers fl but receive local channels from Philadelphia. ATT does not provide quality customer service for their streaming customers. They don’t even read the forums or they would know that this problem is widespread and is imbedded in their software. In desperation I am going to call my senator. Maybe he can contact the executive office and get this problem resolved for everyone
Message 30 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support