Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DIRECTV NOW Box Beta

Contributor

DIRECTV NOW Box Beta

Hi, I've been an early adopter of the service and like it. However, with the purchase of my new Sony TV, native app support was dropped as its not included for Android TV OS. 

I would like to request being a part of the Beta testing for the new DIRECTV Now Box AT&T is testing. 

Message 1 of 21
Contributor

I received my beta box a few weeks ago, and it won’t power on. I’ve had no luck with chat as expected... just the usual we’ll send you a new one, you should receive the tracking in 24 hours... the old I’ll tell you what you want to hear so I can’t get off of this chat. Does anyone know who I have to contact to get a new box? I’ve tried posting in the feedback forum also, but got no reply.

Thanks

Message 16 of 21
Contributor

I tried your suggestion but, still just hangs on the logo and then after about 20+ mins the screen goes black and no matter what I press nothing happens.

I'll try again to see if the update happens and it automagically fixes itself.

Message 17 of 21
Highlighted
Contributor

I have the same issue.. the box just hangs..  

Message 18 of 21
Tutor

I tested directv now dvr... I have a new Sony x900f worh Android tv. I would be the ideal candidate to test this new platform 

Message 19 of 21

How do you get the DIRECTV NOW BOX Beta?

Message 20 of 21
ACE - Expert

You can try to apply here

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support