Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Message 1 of 132

Re: Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

I mean, I guess it's nice that the Kings are on, but I'm really furious that the Sharks, who are on CSN California is the one being blacked out when the Kings are on the backup channel.

Either DTVN doesn't have rights to NHL games or they're choosing to air NBA over NHL.  Either way, this sucks.

@isi95010 - Actually, if you're in Mountain View, that shouldn't be happening for you guys.  The Kings game should be blacked out and you should be seeing the Sharks game.  The entire Bay Area is Warriors exclusive broadcast territory.  Appreciate you checking CSNCA.

Message 106 of 132
Contributor

Yeah, I think they messed up the regions and have the 94xxx and 95xxx zip codes primarily for Sacramento or something. Watching the Sac Kings game is wrong when there is a Sharks game on. Actually, it looks like we should not see Kings games at all.

The official regional list is here: https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/buyflow/Regional_Sports_Networks_on_DIRECTVNOW.pdf

A Mountain View zip code, 94043, does not even list the Kings. It lists the A's, Giants, Warriors, and Sharks.

Same with all San Jose zip codes.

Message 107 of 132
Scholar

Finally, I am able to see Kings game on CSNCA.  Still missing CSN Bay Area though.

Message 108 of 132
Tutor

Now, today, CSNba and CSNca are both missing from my guide. WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE?
Message 109 of 132
Mentor

CSN Bay Area and CSN California just dropped

Just found out the CSN Bay Area and CSN California have been dropped from my channel lineup today. I was watching last night without any problems.
Message 110 of 132

Nooooo. Me too. Painful. Devastating!
Message 111 of 132

Sucks
Message 112 of 132

Chat customer service says it's a known issue and they are working to resolve quickly.
Message 113 of 132
Teacher

Celtics game is playing! hopefully they resolved that issue. I did notice that audio is behind by .5 second on the channel (not just games). anyone else have this issue on CSN?

Message 114 of 132
Teacher

Comcast SportsNet is now completely missing from my guide. Any updates, DirecTV Now Support?

Message 115 of 132
Contributor

stations

channels are missing on my directv now when using fire tv but not on my iphone. I get csn on my phone app but not on fire tv

Message 116 of 132
Teacher

Re: stations

I think the only way this is going to be "solved" is with an increase in the cost of the service, the DirecTV Now streaming service simply doesn't have the streaming rights to carry these games.

Message 117 of 132
Tutor

CSN is no longer listed on their lineup page at all.
Message 118 of 132
Teacher

Posting again that CSN is gone, I can still view from my recently viewed section (but it's not in the main guide page).

Sports is the top reason to have live TV, please fix.

Message 119 of 132
Tutor

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

As usual, I contacted a DTVN chat rep yesterday and they gave me the, "We know of the issue and our engineers are currently working on it, but we have no ETA on the fic"....Pretty much means, we don't know what we're doing and just wanted to push this service out to take people's money!

Message 120 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support