Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Message 1 of 132
Teacher

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

@GoCalBears Which device were you using when you were able to stream the game successfully? Wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Message 91 of 132

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

@ATTTVNOWHelp needs to stop citing the Sports Blackout postand marking these posts as solved, since it demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of the issue and spreads misinformation.  Our issue with being able to access these games on Regional Sports Networks is not a Sports Blackout issue because no game airing on a Regional Sports Network for a customer within the team's geographic territory should be blacked out.

This is not a league contract issue, this is a DirecTV Now backend issue.

Message 92 of 132
Teacher

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Message 93 of 132

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

@DYVScamAlert - If true, then it's false advertising, considering AT&T sold us the service with the guarantee of local sports teams on this PDF, that (at least for now) is still on their website.  Anyone still having this issue with RSNs should probably download a copy of the PDF in case AT&T takes it down:

https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/buyflow/Regional_Sports_Networks_on_DIRECTVNOW.pdf

Message 94 of 132

I was using an iPhone. There's a game on tonight on CSN only; I'll reply with an update then.
Message 95 of 132

I REALLY hope we all didnt get totally screwed by Directvnow
Message 96 of 132
Mentor

Re: Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

I'm getting the game on CSN tonight. Not sure why the chat and forum service teams were telling me the games were blacked out. Obviously they do not know what they are talking about. Here's hoping it's fixed!
Message 97 of 132

I successfully was able to watch the game tonight on CSN Bay Area both on my phone and on the web! Hooray!
Message 98 of 132
Contributor

I finally was able to chat with a representative this afternoon. After some pressing, he repeated the information relayed in other posts that they know there is an issue with streaming live games on RSNs. He said that the issue has been escalated and they're working on it, but with no ETA. I also asked several times about whether DirecTV Now acquired streaming rights to live NBA games, but I could not get a clear answer. I left the chat quite skeptical, but felt the agent gave me all the information and help he could offer at that point.

Well I'm happy to report that I was finally able to watch the Warriors vs. Jazz game live tonight on CSN Bay Area, after failing to be able to do so for the last few games where the broadcast was only on CSN Bay Area (and not ESPN, TNT, or NBA TV). So something obviously changed for the better. This is only a single data point, but hopefully I'll be able to watch all the Warriors games from here on broadcast on CSN Bay Area, and hopefully others will start to have better luck with watching live games on their RSN channel.

Message 99 of 132
Teacher

After the latest update on Apple TV Gen 4 (version 1.0.1), my CSN Bay Area is working great during Warriors games. Hoping it stays this way.

Thanks for fixing.

Message 100 of 132

To the folks in San Fran that are able to get the Warriors the last couple nights, if you can, try checking into CSN California tomorrow night (Friday, Dec 9) around 7pm and see if the Sharks game is on.  Curious if the RSN issue is truly resolved or if it's just NBA.

I'm doubly concerned because the Kings game starts at 7:30 and, with no overflow, I have no idea which game they'll decide to air.

Message 101 of 132
Tutor

The game worked for me too, Apple TV. The stream was quite solid and the compression looks better than PlayStation Vue to be honest.
I'm still very skeptical about their deal with CSN. If their next home game, CSN-only broadcast works here, I'll feel a lot better. Even then, who knows. Here's to hoping they are doing something about it.
Message 102 of 132
Contributor

Getting wrong Regional Sports Feed

Tonight I tried watching the San Jose Sharks game. I live in the Bay Area, and with Vue I always got the Sharks games. Apparently CSN-CA has two different feeds based on if you are in Sacramento or the Bay Area. For some reason, DTV Now thinks I am in Sacramento and giving me the Sac Kings games. 

I tried contacting support but all the rep said was "We can't change your RSN". This is clearly an issue with the service though, as I am only about a dozen miles from San Jose and Vue always properly identified me as being in the Bay Area.

Anyone else have this problem?

Message 103 of 132
Tutor

Kings game working in 94040. Sharks no, since there's not spillover channel, as you mentioned.
You specifically asked about San Francisco but I'm near Palo Alto/Mountain View, so I can't speak for the city.
Are you having any luck up there?
Message 104 of 132
Tutor

No longer blacked out but I still don't have CSN Bay Area.. just CSN California. But at least some things are starting to work
Message 105 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support