Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changes to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Live a Little, Go Big and other packages

Community Support

Changes to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Live a Little, Go Big and other packages

AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Package Updates

DIRECTV NOW is not AT&T TV NOW. Same entertainment, cool new name. If you are wondering about pricing and packages, I have you covered. 

AT&T TV NOW & AT&T TV Packages 

Check them out below:

• AT&T TV - Comes with AT&T Device & Remote Assistant!
  • AT&T TV NOW - Stream with your favorite device!

Packages & Channel Lineup

Get a detailed breakdown of the packages below:

FAQs

How are the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package prices changing?

• Base packages - The prices of the Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, Gotta Have It, and Todo y Mas packages are increasing by $10 a month. 
  • Premium channels - Prices starting March 13, 2019 will be $15 per month for HBO® and $11 per month for Cinemax® and Starz®.
  • International options - The Brazilian package is increasing to $30 per month and the Deportes add-on is increasing to $15 a month.

Good to know: Already have a premium channel, international option, or Deportes? You’ll keep your current price.

• Example Scenario1: You have a grandfathered package, HBO, and Cinemax and change to Plus. Plus has HBO included, so you don't have to worry about paying for that, and your Cinemax pricing will still remain the price you were paying.
  • Example Scenario2: You have a grandfathered package, but don't have HBO and Cinemax. You upgrade to Max, and now want to add Showtime. Since Showtime is not included, you will pay an extra $11.

If I upgrade from grandfathered package to the Max or Plus packages, when does it go into effect?

Your package will update on the next billing cycle. So for example, if it is April 13th, and your billing cycle is the 1st of every month, your package will not update until May 1st. So for those that are looking to watch HBO immediately, they will want to add the HBO bolt-on first, and then upgrade. You will only pay a prorated amount for the HBO bolt-on, since you did not have it for the entire month.

When do the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW price changes take effect?

Price changes for:

• Packages take effect April 12, 2019.
  • Premiums, add-ons, and international options take effect March 13, 2019.

What happens if I update my AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package after the price change?

If you upgrade or downgrade your package after April 12, 2019, you’ll pay the new price – even if you have a promotion.

Will the AT&T video loyalty credit or HBO for Life change?

As long as you maintain your grandfathered package (Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, or Gotta Have It) and a qualified Unlimited wireless plan, you’ll continue to receive your Video Loyalty Credit or HBO® for Life. If you change plans, you’ll lose your HBO for Life or Video Loyalty Credit eligibility.

What if I am on the Early Adopter offer for Go Big?

We want to make sure you still have an exclusive deal on your Go Big Package and receive the best streaming value around with access to over 100 channels. You’ll continue to save $25 per month off the regular price of Go Big, but your package will increase $10 per month, the same amount as all packages.

Why can't I upgrade to any other packages besides Max and Plus?

Currently, the only packages we offer for grandfathered customers are the Max and Plus packages. Once you change to one of these packages, you are not able to change back to your previous package.

Why did you add the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages?

We’re looking to deliver the right, slimmer mix of channels to offer options you want.  PLUS and MAX both include premium entertainment like HBO (MAX also includes Cinemax), extensive on-demand libraries and local channels.

Why are you increasing the price of AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW for existing customers?

Similar to our competitors, we must consider changes to pricing and channel packages based on increasing programming costs and changing customer trends.

While we’re raising the price $10/month for existing AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customers, we’re also introducing new options.

These two new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages—PLUS and MAX—provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price.

Why are you increasing the prices of the old AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages (Live a Little and others) for new customers, in some cases by more than double?

We’re debuting two new packages on AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW that include premium content, like HBO. Both provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price. At $50 and $70 respectively, both will include HBO, extensive on-demand libraries and local channels. This is our next move in revamping our 2-year-old live streaming service and sets the stage for more in 2019.

What if customers don’t want HBO included in their plans? Will you not offer a package without HBO?

We believe that including HBO in the PLUS and MAX packages brings incredible added value to these new lineups. However, if you are looking for a slimmer option, our other streaming service, WatchTV, offers over 35 channels and 15,000 on-demand titles for only $15 a month or free for AT&T Unlimited &More and &More Premium wireless customers.

If AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless customers already get to choose HBO or Cinemax as part of their wireless plan, do they get a discount on the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages that include HBO and Cinemax?

No.  If you have selected HBO or Cinemax as your &More premium, you will not receive any discounts but will be able to change to another premium at their 12-month mark.

If I’m a grandfathered AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customer and I want to try the new PLUS or MAX package, but don’t end up liking it, can I revert to my grandfathered lineup?

No. You must stay on your current package of “Live a Little,” “Just Right,” “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” in order to retain the lineup.

Why are Viacom and Discovery channels not included in PLUS or MAX?

We’re determined to find a mix of channels that will give customers what they want, delivered anywhere, at a great value.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 248
Scholar

Re: Changes to the DIRECTV NOW Packages (2019)

Yeah, the interface is definitely a lot more complicated on Hulu than DTVN, but I think part of that is because you also get their entire on demand library from regular old Hulu plus all the channels ondemand all in one place....Which is nice too. The guide is horrible, but I looked online and saw pictures of the guide they expect to roll out over the next couple months that is a real 7 day guide. I was also surprised to find Alexa support and since I use FireTV's it's easier, and nice, to just say "Alexa, tune to History channel on Hulu" rather than using the guide. The DVR and pausing and rewinding live TV is really nice too. 

Message 46 of 248
ACE - Master

What I like is you can pay a little more and get all the Hulu Basic VOD stuff without commercials, something completely impossible with DTVN.

I've subscribed to Hulu Basic (sans commercials) for years, so I decided to try their live offerings.

I have got to the point where I simply will not put up with commercials except for live news and sports, where they are impossible to avoid.

Also nice to see the Smithsonian channel again, probably the only channel I really missed from cable.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 248
Professor

I've been on the Hulu Live TV train since last week, right before I found out all about this DTVN nonsense. I've enjoyed it so far. I miss a couple of networks, but nothing that I need. I have had more issues with buffering than I do with DTVN, but maybe that's all the DTVN subscribers making the switch and overloading the server haha. Also, anyone else finding that Hulu will kind of like... it will have a sputter and jump back a second and repeat what was just shown/said? And every time a network switches over to a new show (so like when the clock turns from 6:59 to 7:00 and a new show starts) there is always a hiccup. Again, these aren't huge issues, but just stating that DTVN was a smoother process for me in terms of watching live TV. The guide is a headache and having their entire library can be a bit overwhelming, but of course at the same time it's also nice to have all that content at your disposal.

Oh, and I still have yet to receive an email from DTVN about these changes.

Message 48 of 248
Scholar

Rkrichter...I haven't had any of the stuttering or jumping back like you describe on Hulu, but it's only been a couple days and I also never had any buffering or other streaming problems on DTVN that others had either. It may be because Hulu records as you watch most live shows so you can pause and rewind and is giving you a glitch.

It was pretty cool since I didn't realize the full capabilities of their pause and rewind until I went to watch a live show and I was about 4 minutes late to watch it. When I tuned to the show, the show started from the beginning without me missing the first 4 minutes. How cool is that! I don't know if I did something weird when I tuned to the channel since I haven't tried to repeat it, but I liked that.

Message 49 of 248
Professor

Yeah I don't know why I keep getting the interruptions, but I do. Like I said though, it's not something that irritates me a whole lot. I had a similar response to the live FF/REW over the weekend. I turned on TNT and a movie was playing and I just clicked my button and saw the capabilities and was like... whoaaa wait what? I know DTVN has a lot of networks that allow 'restart' but being able to FF/REW is definitely cool.

Another question, are you having random shows record to the DVR? I don't know if it's because in the past I watched these shows on regular (non-live) Hulu TV, but every day I look at my DVR, which I have yet to actually set anything to record, and it will have an episode of The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, things like that, that I did probably watch in the past before I even had Live TV... experiencing that at all? I also like the feature it has "Keep watching" so as to continue an episode of something you have watched recently (I believe it sticks around for 7 days).

And finally, I find it odd that the iPad and iPhone app shows video of the network you currently have selected, so you can watch while you browse the guide, but for some reason it does not do this on the Apple TV app? I would think that shouldn't be a problem to make happen. Weird.

Message 50 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny I got those two recordings also, durning the first 7 day trial, but not since. 

Message 51 of 248
Professor

Well my trial ends today actually, so maybe it's something they do to show people how their DVR works or something? I don't know. Guess I'll see if it continues.

Message 52 of 248
ACE - Master

That glitch as a program changes is the DVR starting a new recording, so you can pause and rewind.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 53 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my trial ends today actually, so maybe it's something they do to show people how their DVR works or something? I don't know. Guess I'll see if it continues.”

...my first reaction, was here we go again with a flaky DVR (as humorous as it was), but it’s proving more reliable than DTVN.

I like the way it flags the recording in the channel guide, tracking of new episoles only, and a better management of the recording. 

Message 54 of 248
Scholar

I did get recordings in my DVR for shows and networks that I liked. Took me a bit and I forget exactly where it was, but when you search for a show and it adds it, you can change the record options to either new episodes, all episodes, or do not record 

Message 55 of 248
Teacher

The process will be you keep your package, then AT&T keeps upping the cost until you leave the service.

remember we ditched cable and satellite television because of the costs rising constantly.

do you really think pricing is not going up again and again.

hit directtvnow in the wallet. Jump to another streaming service.

Message 56 of 248
Professor

Not only are the prices going up, but as others have said on this forum in numerous different posts, if the only people getting certain networks are those of us grandfathered in (and I guess those willing to pay those astronomical prices for the 'DTV plans') then how long are they really going to continue to keep those certain networks around that aren't on the Plus and/or Max plans?

Message 57 of 248
Scholar

Right..for $50+  do we get a person to talk to ..or just the online chat people?

Message 58 of 248
ACE - Expert

What do you think?

Message 59 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

...phone support using Teleprinters. 

Message 60 of 248
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support