Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Changes to the DIRECTV NOW Packages (2019)

Community Support

Changes to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Live a Little, Go Big and other packages

AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Package Updates

DIRECTV NOW is not AT&T TV NOW. Same entertainment, cool new name. If you are wondering about pricing and packages, I have you covered. 

AT&T TV NOW & AT&T TV Packages 

Check them out below:

• AT&T TV - Comes with AT&T Device & Remote Assistant!
  • AT&T TV NOW - Stream with your favorite device!

Packages & Channel Lineup

Get a detailed breakdown of the packages below:

FAQs

How are the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package prices changing?

• Base packages - The prices of the Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, Gotta Have It, and Todo y Mas packages are increasing by $10 a month. 
  • Premium channels - Prices starting March 13, 2019 will be $15 per month for HBO® and $11 per month for Cinemax® and Starz®.
  • International options - The Brazilian package is increasing to $30 per month and the Deportes add-on is increasing to $15 a month.

Good to know: Already have a premium channel, international option, or Deportes? You’ll keep your current price.

• Example Scenario1: You have a grandfathered package, HBO, and Cinemax and change to Plus. Plus has HBO included, so you don't have to worry about paying for that, and your Cinemax pricing will still remain the price you were paying.
  • Example Scenario2: You have a grandfathered package, but don't have HBO and Cinemax. You upgrade to Max, and now want to add Showtime. Since Showtime is not included, you will pay an extra $11.

If I upgrade from grandfathered package to the Max or Plus packages, when does it go into effect?

Your package will update on the next billing cycle. So for example, if it is April 13th, and your billing cycle is the 1st of every month, your package will not update until May 1st. So for those that are looking to watch HBO immediately, they will want to add the HBO bolt-on first, and then upgrade. You will only pay a prorated amount for the HBO bolt-on, since you did not have it for the entire month.

When do the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW price changes take effect?

Price changes for:

• Packages take effect April 12, 2019.
  • Premiums, add-ons, and international options take effect March 13, 2019.

What happens if I update my AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package after the price change?

If you upgrade or downgrade your package after April 12, 2019, you’ll pay the new price – even if you have a promotion.

Will the AT&T video loyalty credit or HBO for Life change?

As long as you maintain your grandfathered package (Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, or Gotta Have It) and a qualified Unlimited wireless plan, you’ll continue to receive your Video Loyalty Credit or HBO® for Life. If you change plans, you’ll lose your HBO for Life or Video Loyalty Credit eligibility.

What if I am on the Early Adopter offer for Go Big?

We want to make sure you still have an exclusive deal on your Go Big Package and receive the best streaming value around with access to over 100 channels. You’ll continue to save $25 per month off the regular price of Go Big, but your package will increase $10 per month, the same amount as all packages.

Why can't I upgrade to any other packages besides Max and Plus?

Currently, the only packages we offer for grandfathered customers are the Max and Plus packages. Once you change to one of these packages, you are not able to change back to your previous package.

Why did you add the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages?

We’re looking to deliver the right, slimmer mix of channels to offer options you want.  PLUS and MAX both include premium entertainment like HBO (MAX also includes Cinemax), extensive on-demand libraries and local channels.

Why are you increasing the price of AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW for existing customers?

Similar to our competitors, we must consider changes to pricing and channel packages based on increasing programming costs and changing customer trends.

While we’re raising the price $10/month for existing AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customers, we’re also introducing new options.

These two new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages—PLUS and MAX—provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price.

Why are you increasing the prices of the old AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages (Live a Little and others) for new customers, in some cases by more than double?

We’re debuting two new packages on AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW that include premium content, like HBO. Both provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price. At $50 and $70 respectively, both will include HBO, extensive on-demand libraries and local channels. This is our next move in revamping our 2-year-old live streaming service and sets the stage for more in 2019.

What if customers don’t want HBO included in their plans? Will you not offer a package without HBO?

We believe that including HBO in the PLUS and MAX packages brings incredible added value to these new lineups. However, if you are looking for a slimmer option, our other streaming service, WatchTV, offers over 35 channels and 15,000 on-demand titles for only $15 a month or free for AT&T Unlimited &More and &More Premium wireless customers.

If AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless customers already get to choose HBO or Cinemax as part of their wireless plan, do they get a discount on the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages that include HBO and Cinemax?

No.  If you have selected HBO or Cinemax as your &More premium, you will not receive any discounts but will be able to change to another premium at their 12-month mark.

If I’m a grandfathered AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customer and I want to try the new PLUS or MAX package, but don’t end up liking it, can I revert to my grandfathered lineup?

No. You must stay on your current package of “Live a Little,” “Just Right,” “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” in order to retain the lineup.

Why are Viacom and Discovery channels not included in PLUS or MAX?

We’re determined to find a mix of channels that will give customers what they want, delivered anywhere, at a great value.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 248
Contributor

If the price is going up, can we FINALLY expect solid performance. 

Been with you since day one. It STILL feels like I'm paying for a beta product, but now it's not really a beta price, is it?

By the way, can't watch ANYTHING at this moment. Just "This video has had some trouble loading. Pleas try again later". Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, Movies Anywhere all work fine, before some one tried to blame my internet.

Message 241 of 248
Contributor

Personally, I don't mind the price increase, as I understand that the broadcast companies are increasing their charges to the streaming companies.  However, I think the 2019 changes to the "packages" available are pretty dismal.  If I leave my grandfathered plan, I lose at least 4 channels that I regularly watch and gain NOTHING that I WOULD watch.  I would have to switch to the most costly plan to keep all the channels I do watch.  On a fixed income, that is out of the realm of possibilities.  Any chance that customers could have a choice of a few non-premium channels to have in their packages? 

Message 242 of 248
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

No one in this community forum would know what if any plans that may have in the future. Best just to leave your possible requests in the Feednack section located on all the Help Center pages. Personally I doubt if that will become a reality. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 243 of 248
Professor

@Sw3etNell , Unfortunately there is no chance of that. However, such a la carte plans do exist with other providers. If Charter Spectrum is available in your area, they have a package called Spectrum Choice for about $30 that includes all your locals plus 10 other channels of your choice. I had that plan before switching to DirecTV NOW and was very happy with it until they raised the price from $25 to $30. At the time, I could get a lot more channels on DirecTV NOW for just $35, so I switched. Now Choice is still just $30 but DTVN has skyrocketed to $55! So it's almost time for me to switch back or drop it entirely. Pluto is absolutely free, but keeps getting better and better. It's got several major news networks, weather, comedy central, history, movies, etc. I find myself using DTVN less and less in favor of the free alternatives. I use an antenna for my locals which covers a lot of my viewing.

I recommend you make a list of all your must-have channels, then compare it to all the streaming providers (Youtube TV, Hulu Live TV, PS Vue, Philo, Sling, etc.) and see which one is the best match for the lowest price. You're probably not going to find anything better than your current grandfathered plan. So you're stuck with DTVN like the rest of us. I'm always shopping around for better plans myself, and I'll be sure to post if/when I find one.

Message 244 of 248
Contributor

While all this information is great, it should not be this hard to be informed about your current package. I used Channel Choice, and it was easy breezy. If you're tired of dealing with customer service and being on hold, check them out. I've not seen an easier way to get what you want.

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Message 245 of 248
ACE - Expert

This is not a cable forum but a internet streaming forum. We all cut the cord to get away from those guys.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 246 of 248
Contributor

Hi,

I currently have an "Unlimited plus" phone plan that gave me DTVNow + HBO for $25 (live a little).

I'm planning to upgrade my phone plan (would like Unlimited and More Premium), will I lose my DTVNow pricing if I do?

I noticed that the FAQ mentions I won't if I stay with a qualified Unlimited plan, which plans would count as qualified?

Message 247 of 248
Scholar

@JorchU They should be being billed separately, so I don’t think changing your phone plan will impact your grandfathered DTVN plan. That said, I’d check with @ATTTVNOWHelp to see whether any discount you have on the DTVN bill is impacted by you changing cell plan. I’m on unlimited and more premium on my cell so my Gotta have it DTVN plan price is $70 reduced to 60 because of the $10 cell credit. Make sure that remains. Also make sure sponsored data remains so you can stream DTVN and watch tv free.

Message 248 of 248
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support