Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Changes to the DIRECTV NOW Packages (2019)

Community Support

Changes to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Live a Little, Go Big and other packages

AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Package Updates

DIRECTV NOW is not AT&T TV NOW. Same entertainment, cool new name. If you are wondering about pricing and packages, I have you covered. 

AT&T TV NOW & AT&T TV Packages 

Check them out below:

• AT&T TV - Comes with AT&T Device & Remote Assistant!
  • AT&T TV NOW - Stream with your favorite device!

Packages & Channel Lineup

Get a detailed breakdown of the packages below:

FAQs

How are the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package prices changing?

• Base packages - The prices of the Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, Gotta Have It, and Todo y Mas packages are increasing by $10 a month. 
  • Premium channels - Prices starting March 13, 2019 will be $15 per month for HBO® and $11 per month for Cinemax® and Starz®.
  • International options - The Brazilian package is increasing to $30 per month and the Deportes add-on is increasing to $15 a month.

Good to know: Already have a premium channel, international option, or Deportes? You’ll keep your current price.

• Example Scenario1: You have a grandfathered package, HBO, and Cinemax and change to Plus. Plus has HBO included, so you don't have to worry about paying for that, and your Cinemax pricing will still remain the price you were paying.
  • Example Scenario2: You have a grandfathered package, but don't have HBO and Cinemax. You upgrade to Max, and now want to add Showtime. Since Showtime is not included, you will pay an extra $11.

If I upgrade from grandfathered package to the Max or Plus packages, when does it go into effect?

Your package will update on the next billing cycle. So for example, if it is April 13th, and your billing cycle is the 1st of every month, your package will not update until May 1st. So for those that are looking to watch HBO immediately, they will want to add the HBO bolt-on first, and then upgrade. You will only pay a prorated amount for the HBO bolt-on, since you did not have it for the entire month.

When do the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW price changes take effect?

Price changes for:

• Packages take effect April 12, 2019.
  • Premiums, add-ons, and international options take effect March 13, 2019.

What happens if I update my AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package after the price change?

If you upgrade or downgrade your package after April 12, 2019, you’ll pay the new price – even if you have a promotion.

Will the AT&T video loyalty credit or HBO for Life change?

As long as you maintain your grandfathered package (Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, or Gotta Have It) and a qualified Unlimited wireless plan, you’ll continue to receive your Video Loyalty Credit or HBO® for Life. If you change plans, you’ll lose your HBO for Life or Video Loyalty Credit eligibility.

What if I am on the Early Adopter offer for Go Big?

We want to make sure you still have an exclusive deal on your Go Big Package and receive the best streaming value around with access to over 100 channels. You’ll continue to save $25 per month off the regular price of Go Big, but your package will increase $10 per month, the same amount as all packages.

Why can't I upgrade to any other packages besides Max and Plus?

Currently, the only packages we offer for grandfathered customers are the Max and Plus packages. Once you change to one of these packages, you are not able to change back to your previous package.

Why did you add the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages?

We’re looking to deliver the right, slimmer mix of channels to offer options you want.  PLUS and MAX both include premium entertainment like HBO (MAX also includes Cinemax), extensive on-demand libraries and local channels.

Why are you increasing the price of AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW for existing customers?

Similar to our competitors, we must consider changes to pricing and channel packages based on increasing programming costs and changing customer trends.

While we’re raising the price $10/month for existing AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customers, we’re also introducing new options.

These two new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages—PLUS and MAX—provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price.

Why are you increasing the prices of the old AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages (Live a Little and others) for new customers, in some cases by more than double?

We’re debuting two new packages on AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW that include premium content, like HBO. Both provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price. At $50 and $70 respectively, both will include HBO, extensive on-demand libraries and local channels. This is our next move in revamping our 2-year-old live streaming service and sets the stage for more in 2019.

What if customers don’t want HBO included in their plans? Will you not offer a package without HBO?

We believe that including HBO in the PLUS and MAX packages brings incredible added value to these new lineups. However, if you are looking for a slimmer option, our other streaming service, WatchTV, offers over 35 channels and 15,000 on-demand titles for only $15 a month or free for AT&T Unlimited &More and &More Premium wireless customers.

If AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless customers already get to choose HBO or Cinemax as part of their wireless plan, do they get a discount on the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages that include HBO and Cinemax?

No.  If you have selected HBO or Cinemax as your &More premium, you will not receive any discounts but will be able to change to another premium at their 12-month mark.

If I’m a grandfathered AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customer and I want to try the new PLUS or MAX package, but don’t end up liking it, can I revert to my grandfathered lineup?

No. You must stay on your current package of “Live a Little,” “Just Right,” “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” in order to retain the lineup.

Why are Viacom and Discovery channels not included in PLUS or MAX?

We’re determined to find a mix of channels that will give customers what they want, delivered anywhere, at a great value.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 248
Teacher

If there were any emails I didn't get one either. I found details after
looking in the forum for 2 hours and they finally put up an "Announcements"
link. It's after the fact so they pretty much changed everything without
providing details until it was already etched in stone.
Message 31 of 248
ACE - Expert

Here is mine I received today:

Price.JPG

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 248
Contributor

Will HGTV, Food Network, and AMC channels still available under the old plan after the $10 price hike next month?  The new plan does not have these channels in the lineup.

Message 33 of 248
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

You will still maintain what your current plan offers. All details about the changes can be found to the right of this page in the yellow box. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 248
Guru

I just received the $10 price-increase email, so now I've told my cat that he will have to skip 2 meals each month to make ends meet. If my cat dies, it will be catastrophic, but if I had to cancel Directv, I doubt that my cat would be willing to go back to watching cat videos on youtube. Cat Wink

#Piece of cake

Message 35 of 248

I haven’t received an email but my account shows the $10 increase. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me but I need the channels I get so I can’t switch to a different streaming service. Cable is outrageously priced where I live and the picture from Satellite is horrible compared to cable and streaming. It would’ve been one thing to notify everyone at least a month or so in advance of the changes but to just do it with no warning is just not right.
Message 36 of 248
Scholar

"...Why are Viacom and Discovery channels not included in PLUS or MAX?  .."

This is a laughable reply that dropping these adds value.     Then the price is increased and again the words "adds value"

is told to us.    The only people it adds value to is  AT&T.      

Really all this has done is force current customers to look at alternatives  including , since the prices have gone up so much, going back to their cable provider.     Also all this has done is force current customers to be upset with the DVTN..

Some really upset customers may even decide to start running 2 or 3 streams all the time...if we're paying more we should be able to stream more.

Message 37 of 248
Teacher

You see smart people know that there is “no added value” it’s simply a price increase after a price increase. This is the same behavior cable & satellite providers have been doing from the start.

no one is going to jump back to cable or satellite services. Because they are taxed, have bogus surcharges and fees added in and no sports fees or transmission fees above the price.

what you do is leave AT&T directvnow streaming service for another streaming service. You must hurt them in the pocketbook and only via leaving will they stop their constant price increases and less stations. There is no value in high prices with less channels. 

Do do what I did and go to YouTube tv or Hulu Tv or another streaming service. Speak your displeasure with your money via leaving.

it is only in time the so called other grandfathered in plans get valued out with higher prices.

Message 38 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

“...Some really upset customers may even decide to start running 2 or 3 streams all the time...if we're paying more we should be able to stream more.”

Interesting protest, a mass tie up of their servers, count me in. 

Message 39 of 248
ACE - Master

I'm not sure what that would accomplish, probably engender another price hike to cover the added resources needed.

I suspect there is already a mass tie up of servers, but those servers belong to Hulu, PS Vue and YTTV.

In fact I spoke with a very nice American English speaking young lady who represents Hulu. I decided to try a trial of Hulu. Their geolocation mislocated me by 300 miles. I called, got a human within a minute, and she corrected the problem in 15 seconds, while I was still on the line.

She told me they were getting buried with inquiries from DTVN subscribers, somehow I'm not surprised.

Message 40 of 248
Scholar

Yup, I'm one of them Beww357. I haven't had to call support, but I'm a new subscriber doing the trial! Must've been nice to actually talk to a support person on the phone instead of chat.

Message 41 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

...been on Hulu for a couple weeks, even an app update this morning, probably to handle the load. 

Message 42 of 248
ACE - Master

Yeah, another clunky interface, but I put it on my Cube and Alexa helps a lot. 🙂

I never thought I was interested in locals, but now that I have them it's nice, especially with town digging out from the biggest blizzard in decades and lots of local announcements to be seen.

So two things I never wanted, voice control and locals, turn out to be nice to have.

Message 43 of 248
Tutor

FYI - If anything ever changes where I can no longer keep my grandfathered NOW package I won't sign up for either of the 2 new packages.  Those channel lineups are extremely lacking and totally overpriced.  Don't know how much business you're going to attract with those new packages considering what others offer at better prices. Don't get me wrong, I love my Just Right package, but I think you just made a bad business decision.

Message 44 of 248
Tutor

I really think these new packages represent a poor business model and isn't competitive with other companies plans.  I love my Just Right plan but would drop NOW if I had to switch to either of the other two plans. Both are horribly lacking for the price.

Message 45 of 248
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support