Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Cannot view local channels ABC & CBS on my Directv Now

Contributor

Cannot view local channels ABC & CBS on my Directv Now

I can no longer view ABC & CBS and also the local channels that I can view are not from my local area. How can I fix this? Thanks 

Message 1 of 11

Sign out of the app and sign back in.

You may also have to remove/reinstall the app, and/or restart your internet router.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Message 2 of 11

I have a similar problem.  I've been using YouTube TV, and am not able to get every show I want.  So I signed up for DirecTV Now, hoping for better.  But one of my favorites is Jeopardy.  I cannot find it when I search available shows.  Only Sports Jeopardy, in which I have zero interest.

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Well what network is it on?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11

@rhdtvnowaz

What's your zipcode?

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Message 5 of 11

Jeopardy is apparently on different networks in different markets.  In Phoenix, it is on KTVK Channel 3, CBS.

That happens to  be the channel it shows up on when I use YTTV.

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted

The zip where I spend most of my time is 85032.  My billing zip is up north in the mountains, though.

I would like to be able to watch the shows I record wherever I am, though.  Home, at my cabin in the mountains, on a trip to Florida, whatever.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert

It's all about location. To get a local or regional sports network, your billing address must match a local market, and your device must be in that location.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎07-30-2018 1:43 PM

@rhdtvnowaz wrote-

“I would like to be able to watch the shows I record wherever I am, though.  Home, at my cabin in the mountains, on a trip to Florida, whatever”

You can, ...all the TV devices will work anywhere in the US. You are able to acces all the channels (local restrictions), recordings and VOD’s. The local channels are assigned by the device’s location @your home zip (GPS, pubic IP location, matching billing zip).

On devices with GPS location (phones, tablets, Apple TV) you can receive the local channels wherever you travel (US). Providing you have locals at home and you are in a DTVN service area. 

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 11
Contributor

Ive been without adc for 

exactly one week . when can i expect to have it back on. I have direct tv. Seriously thinking about going back to dish

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Expert

DirecTV? Have you tried to inquire in the correct forum here This forum is for the internet streaming service DirecTV Now. Also they are only consumer forums with no support located here. 

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support