Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancelling DIRECTV NOW

Contributor

Cancelling DIRECTV NOW

Spoiler
I'm a new customer and I purchased DIRECTV NOW on Dec.1, I need to cancel the service with the Apple TV and get a full refund if that is possible since I didn't receive anything yet?!
Message 1 of 8
Contributor

Re: Cancelling DIRECTV NOW

How can I cancel the Directv now?
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Lnassargorra
‎12-05-2016 7:54 AM

@Lnassargorra wrote:

I'm a new customer and I purchased DIRECTV NOW on Dec.1, I need to cancel the service with the Apple TV and get a full refund if that is possible since I didn't receive anything yet?!

Sorry, you prepaid for 3 months of service (that means you didn't do the free trial).

See the offer details. (sorry)

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 12.02.42 AM.pngFrom the order page.

This appears FIVE times at https://directvnow.com/appletv

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 1.09.27 AM.pngFrom one of the five occurrences on https://directvnow.com/appletv

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution".

This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
Community Support

Hey @Lnassargorra @Robertelder,

If when sign-ing up for this product you opt in for the device promos (Apple TV, Amazon FireTVStick), then it was noted that because of the device order, there will be no refunds. However, if you opted out and started your 7 Day FREE Trial, then you can choose to cancel without being charged. Learn more about how to cancel your subscription. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Go to Chat with a representative. They will direct you to log in and if that fails they WILL CANCEL DirecTV Now for you.
Request a confirmation number and an email. I was immediately given the confirmation number and told an email would be sent in 12 days. Perhaps their cancelation procedure works on other devices, but it did not work on my cell phone. I was unable to do an additional login that would bring up the screen with the icon in the upper right . But once I told the chat representative that it wasn't working after to request on his part. He did offer to cancel it for me and confirmed that he had done so. I was really thankful. Good luck to you.
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Master

Responding to an almost 10 month dead thread?  That's dedication!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

can't get on my tv ,don't need the service and would like for you to my back in my check account

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Master

You may cancel:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1254070

But there are no refunds, that was made clear when you signed up (assuming you read it).

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support